The new iPhone 15
Zombiehunter's profile

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

Sunday, September 19th, 2010 8:12 PM

Forwarding text messages

Forwarding text messages from an iPhone to any other number. Has Apple made this action available for iPhones yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

Auto forwarding is not an option.

There may be apps that will allow for this, you could try searching the app store in iTunes.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

Yes... been there since 3.1.3, probably longer.

Scholar

• 

272 Messages

14 years ago

Yes, text forwarding has been available since 3.0 was released. All you have to do is press Edit on the top right of the text window, then select the message and press Forward.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

14 years ago

I've been trying to help this user with setting up auto forwarding text messages from his 3G iPhone to another number. There is all kinds of instructions for forwarding calls, but nothing for text messages.

I'm at a loss at this point. Can you guys give any guidence? Is it even possible with iPhones?

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

14 years ago

OK then, I was correct in thinking that apple still hasn't upgraded their OS to allow forwarding of text messages. I know that in '07, owners were hoping for an updated OS to allow this function.

Thanks satchev, I'll pass it on.

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

14 years ago

yep we can forward text. in 08 we could not do it......but now  we can 🙂  now i get to many forward textes from ppl lol....

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

14 years ago

@graphite07 wrote:

yep we can forward text. in 08 we could not do it......but now  we can 🙂  now i get to many forward textes from ppl lol....

Hey graphite07, thanks for the info. What the customer is trying to do is set his iPhone 3G to automatically forward text messages to another number, just like call forwarding.

Is that something you can do with your iPhone? And if so, which one are you using?

Thanks.

Guru

• 

785 Messages

14 years ago

The iPhone can not auto forward texts!

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

@ghostryder wrote:

OK then, I was correct in thinking that apple still hasn't upgraded their OS to allow forwarding of text messages. I know that in '07, owners were hoping for an updated OS to allow this function.

Just to clarify.

The iPhone can forward text messages.

The iPhone can not auto forward text messages.

These are two seperate functions.

A better solution might be to update whatever app/program/utility that is currently sending text messages to his cell to send to the new number.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

14 years ago

@satchev wrote:

@ghostryder wrote:

Just to clarify.

The iPhone can forward text messages.

The iPhone can not auto forward text messages.

These are two seperate functions.

A better solution might be to update whatever app/program/utility that is currently sending text messages to his cell to send to the new number.

Yup, I'm clear on this issue, and the user is now seeking a third party app, if there is one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.