The new iPhone 15
Jmob's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:29 PM

FaceTime not working over LTE

Hello, first time posting here. Recently, FaceTime just stopped working over lte in Pittsburgh. Either I or the caller will initiate a a FaceTime call, it gets stuck in the connecting phase and then I have to end the call. Same thing with FaceTime audio.

I have done both hard and soft resets and 'm on the unlimited plan.

I'm not here to bash AT&T. I'm just looking for a solution.

Thanks!

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

Double check your settings by turning the following off/on Settings>Cellular>Facetime (scroll down to this in the list of apps) - Make sure it is on and did not get switched off!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

That's definatly not it. It works fine over wifi

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Jmob wrote:

That's definatly not it. It works fine over wifi

The settings I directed you to allow facetime to work over cellular/LTE.  Wifi would not be impacted by my suggestions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I know dude. I checked all my settings and nothings changed. FaceTime over lte is just not realizable anymore in my area. I'll just have to call them and see what's up.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

Good luck DUDE!  You asked a question and I provided you with a reasonable item to check that may resolve your issue.  You may want to also try reseting your network settings to see if that clears things up.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings  You will need to setup any wifi networks again but everthing else remains untouched.

If that does not do it call ATT and have them check your setup on the network.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

And I followed your advice. It just didn't work for me. 

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

Which model iPhone are you using and which version of iOS are you on?  

There is also this article from Apple's support site: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3367?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US  It may not offer anything new from what you have already done......

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

5s and the latest version of the os. 

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Jmob wrote:

5s and the latest version of the os. 

Your next best step is to call ATT and have them verify the setup of your account for data.  After that, you may need to make an appointment to see a Genius at the Apple store and have them check out your iPhone's hardware.  www.apple.com/retail  

There was an issue with some older iPhones and ones not upgraded to the lastest version of the iOS available for a particular model.  The security certificate on some of the older iPhones expired and only work in iOS 7 if your iPhone supports it or the latest version of iOS 6 if your iPhone cannot be upgraded to iOS7. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My isn’t working either and I have the unlimited plan and a iPhone 7+. I have already tried step after step on many different sites but none of them seem to work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.