The new iPhone 15
Launiusj's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 6th, 2015 12:15 PM

Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code

Hey, so my friend got a Galaxy s6 edge yesterday and gave me his new number. When I tried texting it I received this immediately after:

Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. Hey

I can receive messages from this number as well as calls. I've become aggravated and am not sure what to do. Please help, thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Launiusj

I’d be happy to help with this messaging error! This will be due to the device storing the number incorrectly. Please do the following to resolve the issue:

• Ensure the phone number is stored as only digits.  Don't include dashes (-) or parenthesis (...)
  • Delete texts from both old number and new
  • Delete any call logs including these numbers
  • Delete old number from contacts
  • Delete new number from contacts
  • Restart device
  • Send text to the new number directly (do not save as contact)
  • Once the text sends successfully, you can then save as a new contact

I hope this helps!

Charise

(edited)

• 

1 Message

Do these steps work with an apple phone?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

just started happeneing to me...none of these "solutions" work.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Launiusj

Were you able to get your issue resolved? Please let us know if you still need any help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello. I'm Galaxy S6 edge user. I deleted everything but it is still not working. I can't send a message. I can text evreyone except only one contact. Plz help me. This is important for me

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I finally figured out why my android phone keeps dropping the area code and failing to send the message when I text a contact! It's because the contact has parentheses around the area code. Please don't use parentheses - that's the OLD days. Just delete the parentheses around the area code in all your contacts, make sure it saves, and delete the old thread that with the missing area code. YAY!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

7 years ago

I am getting the OP's error message when trying to return an SMS from an international number. (The sender is Android, I am iP.) Of course, the international number has 11 digits but whether I start with + or 011, the result is the same.

I don't know how to determine a "short code" that could resolve this issue according to the error message. How does one determine something like this?

The error message is sent from +1(1) (216) 116-11

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This didn't help me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I’m experiencing this right now. I’ve been saving contacts the same manner ever and able to message my friends, but now I am having a hard time for these two contacts. Help! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.