Helpful Links

Equipment failure

Contributor

Equipment failure

iphone 4 32 GB has been in use for only 2 days and during dialed calls the microphone only works about half the time and my reception is scratchy at times.  ie-I am able to hear the called party but they cannot hear me.  How many others have experienced this and what is the cure?

Message 1 of 6
Professor

Re: Equipment failure

Take it to Apple and have them check it out.  It's under warranty.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Scholar

This happened to my friend's iPhone after a few months. She took it to the Apple store and walked out with a replacement in less than an hour.

Make sure you sync it to iTunes before exchanging it.

Message 3 of 6
Professor

I have heard of people having this problem when they forgot to remove the screen protector that comes from the factory.
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Professor

21stNow wrote:
I have heard of people having this problem when they forgot to remove the screen protector that comes from the factory.

Off topic (swapping it out at the apple store is the quick fix for a DOA phone) the shipping film doesn't cover the mic - it's on the bottom edge, not the front/bottom.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

I had the same problem on a replacement iPhone 4 and did just as suggested....made an appt at the genius bar. They replaced it.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support