Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Early Upgrade iPhone 6

Teacher

Early Upgrade iPhone 6

I am trying to find out more infromation concerning the early upgrade eligiblity for the iPhone 6.  I have 2 options I think?  1. upgrading using the AT&T Next plan where I can have $37 added to my monthly bill for 12 months ($24 for 24 months) or 2. I am eligible for an early upgrade on 9/21/14 for $449.  If I wait for the 9/21/14 date I would not be able to do the early preorder on 9/12/14.  Does anyone know if AT&T will change these dates for the customers that got upgraded on the release date for last years Iphone 5s?

Message 1 of 83
Professor

Re: Early Upgrade iPhone 6

Check your upgrade eligibility, not contract date.  Many contracts with a September expiration were eligible for upgrade starting September 1.

Message 2 of 83
Teacher

I did check my eligibility on AT&T, Apple, and Best Buy and they all are saying the same thing.  I can do the next or I can wait till the 21st to get the cheaper upgrade price for the iPhone 6. 

Message 3 of 83

I have the same issues, i have been able to each year and this year is the first time i cant, i hope they fix this i contacted costumer support and they cant help. 

Message 4 of 83
Teacher

If you find anything out please let me know.

Jeff W[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 5 of 83

Ok sounds good

Ok sounds good
Message 6 of 83
Professor

Considering timing and price, isn't Next 12 a better deal than the Early Upgrade price?

Message 7 of 83
Teacher

Not really.  Last year I was outside my local Best Buy and waited in line to get the iPhone 5s.  I was given $325 (on a Best Buy card) for my iPhone 5 and used that $ towards the $400 that it cost me with my early upgrade eligibilty for the iPhone 5s.  I only had to pay a little over $80 for the phone and they charged me $30 to activate it but that charge was on my next months bill.  I would rather pay $110 total that $749 for the phone over 20 months or 24 months.  Also if you do the AT&T Next program you do get to upgrade in a year, but you still owe on the iphone 6 for eight more months when it comes time for the iPhone 6s to be released.  If I understand the AT&T Next program correctly. 

Message 8 of 83

well if you look at its a average of 30$ for 12 months depending on which model you choose, and then you dont get to keep the phone so your basically renting it. i looked at both, i usually sell my iphone and then buy a new one. cheaper way. 

Message 9 of 83
Teacher

The way I understood it is you do the AT&T Next program you have the option of doing the 12 or 18 month upgrade.  The 12 month one you are making payments on it for 20 months at $749 total, and the 18 month upgrade eligibility you pay on it for 24 months for a $749 total.  Is that not correct? I would rather do a 2 year contract at $110 out of my pocket than spreading it out over 20 or 24 months at $749 out of my pocket.

Message 10 of 83
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support