The new iPhone 15
walkerjlc's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 8:56 PM

Closed

Early Upgrade iPhone 6

I am trying to find out more infromation concerning the early upgrade eligiblity for the iPhone 6.  I have 2 options I think?  1. upgrading using the AT&T Next plan where I can have $37 added to my monthly bill for 12 months ($24 for 24 months) or 2. I am eligible for an early upgrade on 9/21/14 for $449.  If I wait for the 9/21/14 date I would not be able to do the early preorder on 9/12/14.  Does anyone know if AT&T will change these dates for the customers that got upgraded on the release date for last years Iphone 5s?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I am in the same boat and AT&T says I'm eligible for an "AT&T Next installment plan upgrade"

I don't want to pay $850 for iphone 6 Plus 64 gb when I can buy it at Apple for 399 and then go on to the mobile share plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I become early upgrade eligible on 3rd of Oct but AT&T isn't allowing me to buy an iPhone 6 right now because it's not 3rd Oct yet. Other carriers like Verizon just announced that they will be allowing their customers to upgrade 2 months in advance. It is things like these that make me wanna switch to some other carrier.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

What exactly do you mean by "Early Upgrade Eligible"? The only upgrades that AT&T offers is 

1. AT&T Next (Paying out the cost of the phone in installments on your bill.)

2. No annual contract. (Paying the full retail price of the phone.)

3. 2 year commitment upgrade. (Paying the discounted price for the device and signing a new 2 year contract.)

AT&T used to do an early upgrade option where you could upgrade to a new device and sign a 2 year contract and you would basically get a slight discount on the device, but they stopped doing that when they started doing the AT&T Next. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

your better off i cant even get them to take my money its still pending since 09/12/14 and hasent processed at all you would think they would help but nope just keep sending me in the never ending cycle that is customer support....

Check it: http://forums.att.com/t5/Billing/Pending-since-09-12-14-Iphone-6-128GB-Silver-540-00-Customer/m-p/4073984#M87800

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi i have a question about early up gradation. My contract is going to be over on january 26, but i want to upgrade to iphone 6, so can i upgrade once i cross 19 months threshold or i have to wait until january 26.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T is not doing early upgrade unless you want to pay and extra $250. You will have to wait until your contract expires for a full upgrade.

You maybe eligible for a NEXT upgrade, but you will pay full price for the phone over 20 to 24 months.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

so AT&T full on lied to me.  I spoke to 2 different representatives last week about upgrading.  Both told me there were notes on my account that I was eligible for the full upgrade if I waited until Sep 19th and ordered through retention.  I called today to order the phone and was told I wasn't eligible until 2015, there are no notes on my account about it and the best they can offer me is the NEXT deal.  I'm done with them.  So annoyed that I didn't pre-order and now I'll have to wait even longer to get my phone.  Debating between Sprint and T-Mobile.  Any thoughts on those two?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

So sorry to  hear.. =( depends on the area... if your area is flat like Arizona.. Tmobile is pretty good.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

Ask for customer relations. They waived fees and let me order phone. 64gb iPhone 6.. Even got an apple leather case thrown in on the deal.

Spent two hrs this morning at ATT store. No help, their hands are tied. They could only offer me the next program or buy for 749.

Glad I walked away and called. Thanks Bryant at customer relations

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

wow. how did you get that? I went to a manager in retention and she said there was nothing she could do. I was always told Retention could do the best deals. I?m even more angry because I spoke to 2 different reps last week who confirmed my upgrade pricing on the 19th. I would have pre-ordered if they hadn?t lied to me.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.