For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ddclark94's profile

Scholar

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 2:30 AM

Double tap on iPhone 4

I've noticed alot of people talking about finding "data using" apps by double tapping the front button. This is not the case with my phone. It brings up ALL my apps, you just swipe through the pages. I think the last OS upgrade changed this. Please let me know if this is not as it should be, so I can get it fixed.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

I believe you are simply misinterpreting what is being said, or they are simply miscommunicating.

When others talk about double taping the home button to find data apps, they are referring to closing apps that are in the recently used lists.

This is NOT a way to find apps using data, nothing on the iPhone allows you to do this without installing a 3rd party app (like dataman).

Accessing the fast app switching bar simply allows the user to see which apps were access recently and close them out.  This comes in handy for apps that are capable of running in the background as this is the only way to actually close them.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Starting with iOS4, the default action for double-hitting the home button is to bring up the task list (recently run tasks).  Prior ro iOS4, I believe the default action for this was to bring up the mini-player controls for the iPod app.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

"memory using" not "data using" - you can see all running apps, and close them if you want, to free up memory.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.