The new iPhone 15
dotme's profile

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 2:57 PM

Does AT&T sell Applecare+?

If I walk into an AT&T store and buy an iPhone, can AT&T add AppleCare+ at the time of purchase? Or do I have to deal with Apple for that?

AT&T store is 5 min from me, Apple over 2 hours - so a 4 hour round trip just to add an extended warranty would be a bummer...

Thanks in advance

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@dotme wrote:

If I walk into an AT&T store and buy an iPhone, can AT&T add AppleCare+ at the time of purchase? Or do I have to deal with Apple for that?

AT&T store is 5 min from me, Apple over 2 hours - so a 4 hour round trip just to add an extended warranty would be a bummer...

Thanks in advance

I believe it has to be on the same invoice also..Unless something has changed all I can find on the net is that ATT did not Sell Applecare+. to be safe you might take a run into the local store and verify that it is available

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

With the 4s you had 30 days from the date of purchase to add AppleCare+.

I just checked, and you can purchase it right from the phone with the Apple Store app.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Just for heads up.  I tried with Verizon to get AppleCare + with the new iphone and the rep thought at first it was possible, but a phone call to Apple and it was shot down.  Have to go to Apple with the device within 30 days and you can purchase applecare +.  Or buy the phone from the apple store and get it.  Activate with AT&T when it arrives.

I don't have AT&T as of this moment, still checking for voice coverage for my area, but if for some reason AT&T has an agreement with Apple to sell AppleCare onsite with AT&T, than that would be a plus. 

Correct me if I'm wrong fella's

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I want to purchase an ipad through att

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Max69 wrote:

With the 4s you had 30 days from the date of purchase to add AppleCare+.

I just checked, and you can purchase it right from the phone with the Apple Store app.

Yes, I believe at the store you can get it.

Now I believe the limit for getting AppleCare+ is 1 year, they changed something a month or two ago.

I've gotten it for an Apple Watch over the phone (they made me run an app on it to confirm it was working).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.