Difficulty Connecting Employee iPhone to Synchronized Calendars

Highlighted
Tutor

Difficulty Connecting Employee iPhone to Synchronized Calendars

[ Edited ]

Hello;

First, thank you very much for setting up these forums. While none of the fix actions that I found record of pertained to our current problem, I was able to troubleshoot away a number of possibilities regarding this issue and determine that I needed to seek further assistance here.

The problem involves the personal iPhone of one of the doctors on our staff. We have a shared CalDav account that is properly synchronized to the iPhones of several other individuals working on the premises, but his is unable to connect. All configuraions appeared to be identical regarding accounts between iPhones that were able to connect and his own. He was the only one using AT&T 4G as his carrier, however.

One of the bits of advice I found here suggested disabling SSL; we cannot do this, however, as some of the information that goes over the CalDav is sensitive by nature, warranting the optional layer of security.

Our IT department needs to know whether this is a fault with the phone itself or (as we surmised) there may be some unique configurations on the side of the AT&T provider for our area and perhaps nationwide, not allowing for use of SSL as provided for CalDav account configuration through the iPhone. We'd appreciate any assistance that can be provided.

Message 1 of 4 (999 Views)
Expert

Re: Difficulty Connecting Employee iPhone to Synchronized Calendars

AdvMedIT wrote:

Hello;

First, thank you very much for setting up these forums. While none of the fix actions that I found record of pertained to our current problem, I was able to troubleshoot away a number of possibilities regarding this issue and determine that I needed to seek further assistance here.

The problem involves the personal iPhone of one of the doctors on our staff. We have a shared CalDav account that is properly synchronized to the iPhones of several other individuals working on the premises, but his is unable to connect. All configuraions appeared to be identical regarding accounts between iPhones that were able to connect and his own. He was the only one using AT&T 4G as his carrier, however.

One of the bits of advice I found here suggested disabling SSL; we cannot do this, however, as some of the information that goes over the CalDav is sensitive by nature, warranting the optional layer of security.

Our IT department needs to know whether this is a fault with the phone itself or (as we surmised) there may be some unique configurations on the side of the AT&T provider for our area and perhaps nationwide, not allowing for use of SSL as provided for CalDav account configuration through the iPhone. We'd appreciate any assistance that can be provided.

Might be better off contacting Apple on this

Message 2 of 4 (939 Views)
ACE - Master

Is he able to sync when on wifi?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (930 Views)
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Thank you everyone, but we figured out what the problem was. The individual that was providing the shared account for use had given us a different password from the one everyone else was already using. Problem solved.

Message 4 of 4 (868 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.