For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
MrsRMH's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 1:41 PM

Data Usage has INCREASED tremendously, no change in my use

For the past twelve month my data usage has ranged from a high 151.7 and a low of 41.2 mb per month.  When my 12/15/11 cycle began large megabytes began to show up each night which have put me way over the 200 mb limit and forced me to change my data plan.  These transfers are posting to my account shortly after midnight each night. Calls to AT&T and Apple point to user error.  I am retired and have not changed anything I am doing any large downloading of music, videos, etc.  The largest transfer occurred on 1/23/12 and was 249548kb.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@MrsRMH wrote:

I had and still have a 3GS phone.  I ended up following tips to turn things off, especially the feature that was sending data to Apple nightly I believe.  The other thing that I began to do was to turn off cellular data when I have wifi access.

My usage the month prior to the 2 months of spiked usage was 94.2 (DEC11).  Following is the usage after that:

Jan12 - 312.6, Feb12 - 328.9 at this point I was forced to switch to 2GB or pay additional for use over the 200MB plan I had.  Usage after the upgrade Mar12 - 61.6, Apr12 - 227.4, May12 - 125.7, Jun12 - 105.7, Jul12 - 176.7, Aug12 - 134.6, Sep12 - 106.8, Oct12 - 75.1, Nov12 - 61.0, Dec12 - 104.3 and Jan13 - 236.9.  So I'm stuck with 2GB and can't go back to a lower 300MB plan.

I appreciate all of the feedback.  If and when I upgrade to a 4 or 5, I will sure to track the usage on a regular basis to see what things can be turned off so I am not forced to upgrade to an even higher plan.  SMH - I just don't know what happened for 2 months of the past 13 months.

You are not stuck with the 2gb plan, you can switch to the 300mb plan at any time. However, since the 2gb plan is no longer offered, if you have to go back to a higher plan, 3gb is the next higher plan. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I agree.  Same thing has happened to me.  Out of the blue,  I supposedly used 12.5 GIGABYTES in a couple of days  when I have been well under 200 MB in almost 2 years of service. In my case, it was also during  the night between 8pm and 6am, and the phone wasn't even turned on.  There is something going on with THEIR system and ATT refuses  to acknowledge. This fiasco has cost me over $200 in plan changes and overage charges.   I  can't wait for  my plan to expire next month so  that I  can switch carriers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.