Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans

Contributor

Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans

Hello there,
I just realized that in 4 days I will be able to upgrade to an Iphone. I currently own a smart phone with a $30 unlimited web, email and text plan. I am wondering if I can switch to the iphone 4 and still keep this plan? From everything I read so far, if I dont switch to the cheaper $15 iphone data plan, I should be able to. Can someone please help me clarify?

 

Thanks!

 

-Gary

Message 1 of 7 (5,406 Views)
Professor

Re: Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans

 


royale11 wrote:

I currently own a smart phone with a $30 unlimited web, email and text plan.


 

There is no such plan.  Are you sure you have a smart phone data plan?

The $30 smartphone data plan only covers data, there is no texting included.

Message 2 of 7 (5,390 Views)
Scholar

Re: Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans


satchev wrote:

 


royale11 wrote:

I currently own a smart phone with a $30 unlimited web, email and text plan.


 

There is no such plan.  Are you sure you have a smart phone data plan?

The $30 smartphone data plan only covers data, there is no texting included.


You may be thinking of the $30 unlimited text plan (for all numbers on the contract).  If so, this is different from data.

Message 3 of 7 (5,352 Views)
Contributor

Re: Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans

[ Edited ]

ooh I just checked my ATT manager and my phone is no longer considered a smart phone.. I have a Samsung Eternity. $30 covers unlimited text, web, email etc.  So I suppose if I get an iphone I would need to get a completely new plan?

 

Messaging & Data Unlimited for Non-Smartphones is what shows on the manager

Message 4 of 7 (5,320 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author royale11
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans


royale11 wrote:

ooh I just checked my ATT manager and my phone is no longer considered a smart phone.. I have a Samsung Eternity. $30 covers unlimited text, web, email etc.  So I suppose if I get an iphone I would need to get a completely new plan?

 

Messaging & Data Unlimited for Non-Smartphones is what shows on the manager


that is a QMD device plan, it will not carry over for a iphone, you will need to choose one of the 15/25 capped plans, so yes you are correct in needing a new plan

Message 5 of 7 (5,309 Views)
Contributor

Re: Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans

[ Edited ]

Are there any other QMD devices out there better then my Eternity where I won't have to change plans?

Message 6 of 7 (5,271 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Currently $30 Unlimited Smartphone Plans


royale11 wrote:

Are there any other QMD devices out there better then my Eternity where I won't have to change plans?


my teenager is using the Sharp FX and see is happy with it

 

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Sharp+FX+(TM)&q_sku=sku478...

 

Lets just say with her texting habit I am really happy with unlimited texting

Message 7 of 7 (5,241 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.