The new iPhone 15
sloancat's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 16th, 2011 12:57 AM

Contacts Icon not showing on screen

Just bought the 4s this morning.  It's all set up and working great!  Only one thing... the icon for Contacts is missing.  If I search for Contacts, it comes up in the search results.  Anyone know why it doesn't show on the home screen, or how I can put it there?

Thanks,
Cathy 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

It's under the utilities icon on your home screen, click on it & the contacts icon should be there.

Official Solution

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank You!! That's it!

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

12 years ago

Are your contacts under your phone missing as well?

I've seen this problem before on upgrades to 5.0 on a iP4.

Try going into either your messages or recent phone calls.  Pull up one or the other and look at the contact.  It should be there.  Then make a simple change to it and save it.  That should restore any missing contacts.

But, the Contact app might still be missing.  Hook it into iTunes and check it out.  You can see what apps it has on.  Try resyncing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

This is very strange. All my contacts are in tact, just can't access them via the icon, because the icon isn't there. I re-synced, and there was no change. The only way to access my contacts list is to click on the phone icon. I guess that's ok, but I liked the icon...

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Great! Glad to help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I bought a new iphone 5 today an my contact icon was missing. I had a 4 iPhone before an was so use to using it an now this one doesn't have one. Did some research and its in the Utility folder. Strange place to put the icon especially when you use this every day . I was very upset and had to make a second trip to Verizon. They didn't even know where it was. The lady said to click on the green phone button and there is your contacts . That's is great and good for a new person that has never had a iPhone before but as a older customer that has been using an iPhone for awhile I wanted my icon back. Glad I have it back.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

You can move it out of the folder if you want. Just press and hold the icon until the icons start shaking and the X appears in the upper left corner. Then drag the icon down. The folder will close and you can drop the icon anywhere you want it. Press the home button to stop the icons shaking.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My contacts is not showing up under the PHONE icon and worse ALL my phonecall a and text messages only display the PHONE Number BUT NOT the Contact Name anymore!! Please help!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.