The new iPhone 15
djames1999's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 1:48 AM

Cheapest Iphone Family Plan

I know there are probably very many messages on this topic, But I need the cheapest available family iphone plan(I will explain the details below). I do not want a prepaid carrier, and I was wanting to stick with ATT. But if there is a substantial price difference, I would consider it. I have three lines, I want the lowest possible minutes, and I could do 1000 texts to unlimited texting, and I also want the cheapest available data plan. Also another important detail is, I wont be using data or an iphone. I want a regular quick messaging phone. If you could please relay all the options below, that would be great!

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

All voice and text messaging plans are the same price regardless of the specific phone.  Smartphones will require data plans, with no difference in price for an iPhone.

Your cheapest options depend on where you live, from my understanding.  If you live in a market where the 550-minute plan is offered, that is $59.99/month.  Unlimited text messaging (your only option if you don't already have a grandfathered text messaging plan) is $30/month.  Each smartphone would need a data plan, the lowest being 300 MB for $20/month.

You didn't mention how many of the lines would have smartphones.  If there are two smartphones and one quick messaging phone, your cost would be (rounded) $60+$30+$20+$20=$130 plus taxes and fees.  You also have to consider the cost if you add any other things to your plan such as insurance and Smart Limits.

If you don't live in an area that has the 550-minute plan, add $10 to the amount in my previous paragraph.

If you wanted to do the Mobile Share plans, the cheapest configuration that I come up with is $160.  This is assuming two smartphones, one quick messaging phone and 1GB of shared data.

There are other configurations and factors that would affect the amount.  Using what you gave in your original post, these are the cheapest options that I come up with.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@djames1999 wrote:

I know there are probably very many messages on this topic, But I need the cheapest available family iphone plan(I will explain the details below). I do not want a prepaid carrier, and I was wanting to stick with ATT. But if there is a substantial price difference, I would consider it. I have three lines, I want the lowest possible minutes, and I could do 1000 texts to unlimited texting, and I also want the cheapest available data plan. Also another important detail is, I wont be using data or an iphone. I want a regular quick messaging phone. If you could please relay all the options below, that would be great!

Thanks!

Get an iPod touch!  There are lots of free messaging apps including iMessage.

Otherwise, the iPhone 4 is slated to be offered free with a two year contract.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you so very much for taking your one to answer my question. My bill now is 120 after all taxes and fees. So it would most likely be around 165?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

As I'm also confused about where I would add the 300mb of data to my plan?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

$165 sounds like a good ballpark figure for the options in my third and fourth paragraphs. The data plans were for the smartphones. If I understood you correctly, you would be using a quick messaging device on your line, so you wouldn't need a data plan. The smartphone users would have to have a data plan, though.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you so much! appreciate your help! :]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

All voice and text messaging plans are the same price regardless of the specific phone.  Smartphones will require data plans, with no difference in price for an iPhone.

Your cheapest options depend on where you live, from my understanding.  If you live in a market where the 550-minute plan is offered, that is $59.99/month.  Unlimited text messaging (your only option if you don't already have a grandfathered text messaging plan) is $30/month.  Each smartphone would need a data plan, the lowest being 300 MB for $20/month.

You didn't mention how many of the lines would have smartphones.  If there are two smartphones and one quick messaging phone, your cost would be (rounded) $60+$30+$20+$20=$130 plus taxes and fees.  You also have to consider the cost if you add any other things to your plan such as insurance and Smart Limits.

If you don't live in an area that has the 550-minute plan, add $10 to the amount in my previous paragraph.

If you wanted to do the Mobile Share plans, the cheapest configuration that I come up with is $160.  This is assuming two smartphones, one quick messaging phone and 1GB of shared data.

There are other configurations and factors that would affect the amount.  Using what you gave in your original post, these are the cheapest options that I come up with.

Don't forget to add another $20 for the two additional phones. 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks.  I did forget the additional line, but wouldn't it only be an additional line charge of $10, since the $60/550-minutes includes the first two lines?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.