The new iPhone 15
MicCheck's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

Monday, June 30th, 2014 12:45 PM

Charging not available?

The past two days, I've occasionally receiving a message when plugging in my iPhone 4 that "charging is not available from this accessory". I've received it from a wall outlet, car charger, and USB directly to my computer. If I try a few minutes (or sometimes hours) later, my phone charges fine. Anyone know what could be going on?

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

My friend had a similar issue, and the Genius Bar found that there was some pocket lint in the charging port of his phone.  It was very hard to see.  

Try using a toothpick to see if you can clean out any lint that may have accumulated in the charging port of your iPhone.  Avoid using any metal objects so as to not cause a short while touching the charging contacts.  I hope this helps!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@pleomorph wrote:

My friend had a similar issue, and the Genius Bar found that there was some pocket lint in the charging port of his phone.  It was very hard to see.  

Try using a toothpick to see if you can clean out any lint that may have accumulated in the charging port of your iPhone.  Avoid using any metal objects so as to not cause a short while touching the charging contacts.  I hope this helps!

That seems to have helped! It's hard to tell for sure, since the problem was somewhat intermittent, but there was a TON of lint in there. Thanks!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

Another one I use is an old, dry toothbrush. For the 30-pin dock connectors, the bristles on a toothbrush work well, and they're less likely to damage the electronic connectors inside.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.