Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changing phones with already existing ATT numbers

Highlighted
Contributor

Changing phones with already existing ATT numbers

I have an old IPhone I want to use for one of my lines that still has a much older phone. I can't find how I can change the phones when the SIM cards are different size??
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Onyx1226
‎03-25-2016 9:34 AM

Re: Changing phones with already existing ATT numbers

You will have to take the phone to ATT to get a SIM card activated for the old phone on your number.

Corporate stores will do this for free.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Thanks I kinda thought that but was hoping it wasn't the case.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

What if my replacement phone came with the right size SIM card? It says not to activate it as a new service...

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Sage

@Cynotd  Then install your SIM card....

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@Cynotd You need to call to get the replacement sim activated with your number.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support