Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 26, 2010
3:14:10 PM
Changing iphone for a few days....

Hi..I was wondering....I need to take my iphone sent in (the touch screen is loosing sensitivity) and a friend was going to lend me their old 3G...I have a 3GS right now....I have the unlimited data plan and do not want to loose it.... will switching from the 3GS to the 3G effect that? It will only be until I get my replacement phone..any help you can give me will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Hi..I was wondering....I need to take my iphone sent in (the touch screen is loosing sensitivity) and a friend was going to lend me their old 3G...I have a 3GS right now....I have the unlimited data plan and do not want to loose it.... will switching from the 3GS to the 3G effect that? It will only be until I get my replacement phone..any help you can give me will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solution

Changing iphone for a few days....

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 26, 2010 3:29:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You're going to put your sim into the 3G, nothing is going to change at all.

I've used my iP4 sim in a klunker GSM phone several times when I didn't want to bring the iPhone to an environmentally hazerdous location.

You're going to put your sim into the 3G, nothing is going to change at all.

I've used my iP4 sim in a klunker GSM phone several times when I didn't want to bring the iPhone to an environmentally hazerdous location.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Changing iphone for a few days....

2 of 5 (1,970 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2010 12:24:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

How do you use the sim from the iphone 4 in another phone? Isn't it to small? I only ask b/c I have the same issue sometimes I don't want to take my ip4 to certain places, ie: pool so on.

How do you use the sim from the iphone 4 in another phone? Isn't it to small? I only ask b/c I have the same issue sometimes I don't want to take my ip4 to certain places, ie: pool so on.

3 of 5 (1,762 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2010 12:40:19 PM
(0)
Guru

You can get an adapter to put a micro-SIM into a standard SIM slot.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

You can get an adapter to put a micro-SIM into a standard SIM slot.

4 of 5 (1,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2010 7:12:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks good information to know! Smiley Happy

Thanks good information to know! Smiley Happy

5 of 5 (1,699 Views)