The new iPhone 15
nsilvers's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 2:05 AM

Changing data plans after purchase

I have never owned a smartphone before, and am starting out with the 2GB data plan. If I decide that is not enough, or is too much, will I be able to change the plan as I wish, or will I need to stick with it for the full 2 years of the contract?

Also, what about texting — can I add or remove texting from the plan as I desire, or am I stuck with my decision for the full period of the contract?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

13 years ago

You're required to have a data plan but you can switch between the different data plans every month if you so wish.

The text message, there are only two options - pay per use or unlimited (either per line or for the whole family). Unfortunately, AT&T has gotten rid of tiered messaging packages. You can switch any time you want.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks!

That's what I assumed, but when I asked the customer support people at Premier support they told me that they were unable to answer the question as it is not something they are qualified to tell me...

Yeah, I'm not too impressed with Premier support after this whole iPhone debacle.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

13 years ago

will they add another 2 years to my contract?...t-mobile did that to me & now im with at&t. well not yet..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.