Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changed Phone number... Now my phone keeps changing my number

Former Employee

Changed Phone number... Now my phone keeps changing my number

Ok this is a very odd situation, I changed my number today, but every time I turn on Imessage, reboot it, or turn on Facetime, it changes.  The number changes to a version of my old number.  It has 322 followed by my old number.  Imessage only has my emails associated with it now and everything I have done won't fix it.  Turned them off and on, reset my whole phone.  Its either something really simple or complex thats causing this.  After resetting my Wi-Fi calling isn't working as well.

Any ideas? the device is an iPhone 6. 

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Changed Phone number... Now my phone keeps changing my number

I would get on Apple's website and deregister iMessage completely. This will ensure your old number is removed from their records. After 24 hours has passed I would activate iMessage on your device with the Apple ID and it should now be working under the proper phone number. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by B2BSocialGuy
‎04-07-2016 4:15 PM

Re: Changed Phone number... Now my phone keeps changing my number

After a reveiwing lots of forums, and tons of device resets, it turns out this issue was a SIM issue.   The WiFi Calling was also resolved with a new SIM at an AT&T store.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support