The new iPhone 15
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 6:16 AM

Carrier Update to 14.2 - Any details on it?

Hi folks!

So as the title says, my iPhone 5 automatically updated the carrier settings to AT&T 14.2 by I'm unable to find anything different. Any idea what this carrier update was about? 😛
~Sunshine :)

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

@oz_1 wrote:

Something to keep in mind if a wi-fi signal is to weak it will latch on to the stronger signal which can be 3G/4G or LTE.

True, but in my case, I was within 15-20 feet of the router, and it had a very strong signal (should have been max bars and if was once I restarted the iPhone).

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

I was hopng this was the rumored HD Voice update thats supposed to be available this year.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Is anybody else experiencing major battery drain since updating the carrier update? I updated my phone yesterday, and since then my phone is going through battery life quickly...between 5-10% an hour.  I have made sure nothing is running in the background, and even have turn it off and let it stay off or awhile before turning it back on, and it still is running through battery.  Before the update yesterday, everything was running fine.  I have had 6.1.3 for awhile, and i did update a few apps yesterdy but haven't open them yet on the phone.

Is just me and my phone is now useless or is somebody else having the same issue?

thanks.

Mentor

• 

110 Messages

11 years ago

Not seeing any unusual battery drain. Is your phone getting hot? If so there's likely a background process (iCloud, VOIP, etc) taxing the CPU.

If the phone isn't hot it could be having trouble locking onto a tower. You can try a hard reset (hold home and power until screen turns off and apple icon appears then let go). If that doesn't help, you may need to reset the network settings.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My phone was getting warm this afternoon but I did hard reset then and that has stopped it from getting warm and dropped the drainage from about 10% an hour to about 6-7%. And it shows "nothing" running in the background, i try to keep most of the apps turned off anyways.
As for anything else running, I removed/changed settings for all of iCloud and stuff when 6.1 came out and haven't had any problems with the phone until it updated the carrier settings yesterday...and now I have to charge it at east once every 10-12 hours or it dies.

I'll try to reset the network settings, and see why it does.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Janetelise wrote:
My phone was getting warm this afternoon but I did hard reset then and that has stopped it from getting warm and dropped the drainage from about 10% an hour to about 6-7%. And it shows "nothing" running in the background, i try to keep most of the apps turned off anyways.
As for anything else running, I removed/changed settings for all of iCloud and stuff when 6.1 came out and haven't had any problems with the phone until it updated the carrier settings yesterday...and now I have to charge it at east once every 10-12 hours or it dies.

I'll try to reset the network settings, and see why it does.

do you have a microcell - most of this thread on power drain is when a micro cell is in use. There is also a thread over on the apple forum that has the same theme.

Don;t see a unusual drain onthe Iphones here, but then no microcell is in use.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

How odd... I've noticed that my wifi disconnects now after this carrier update and goes back to LTE. But it only has happened to me while on YouTube app on my iPhone. Any one else experienced this?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.