The new iPhone 15
chadvincent33's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 10th, 2015 7:24 PM

Careful - ATT fraud is rampant in store - replacement insurance

The ATT store salesman convinced me to buy ATT insurance instead of Apple Care for my Daughter's i5s phone... "If it breaks, you pay a fee ($149) and we send you A NEW phone".  Surprise... they send you broken 'certified like new' phones.  the certified phone came with a loose screen - clearly broken.  I have spoken to 3 folks now at ATT, and even though i was sold 'a NEW' replacement, they will not honor their word.  Next Step - Taking the video of the saga viral,[Edited to comply with Guidelines].  Really deceiving, horrible customer service.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

considering ATT sold you assurion insurance call them and they will get you another phone.  Even apple will give you a refurb if they cant get it fixed in an apple store or your not close to a store.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If you would read the insurance contract that you signed, it will state that they will replace the phone will certified new or refurbished phones. It will also state the they will are not liable for representative verbal claims.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@chadvicent33: You have to contact Assurion they handle mobile insurance for ATT and all wireless phone carriers, about loose screen on replacement iPhone 5S. If you want Apple Care Plus, you have to directly call Apple for coverage on iPhones.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.