Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cant unlock iphone

Highlighted
Contributor

Cant unlock iphone

I purchased the new xr iphone. I have a family plan. Its for my daughter. Her new phone is all set up with her phone number. I am trying to unlock her OLD iphone 6s now online. It's stating that the IMEI does not match the phone number associated with the account. Do I login with the primary account phone number? or with her telephone number since that is the phone that is associated with IMEI. I've tried it both ways but neither is working. But at least I'd like to know if when it asks for what telephone number of the account holder..is it asking for my number (primary...not the one with the phone that needs unlocking) or her number....not primary but she is just on my account. 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by headlocked
‎11-30-2018 5:09 PM

Re: Cant unlock iphone

Since the old phone is no longer being used on that number, put your unlock request in as a non customer.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support