The new iPhone 15
Jolene_Kyle's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 10:50 PM

Can you recalibrate the screen on iPhone 4?

I have an iPhone 4 and it seems that after the ios 7 update though it may just be coincidence the calibration is off and when texting and such I'm not hitting the letters intended or that would appear I am touching. I have looked for apps I cannot figure out how to calibrate please help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Jolene_Kyle wrote:

I have an iPhone 4 and it seems that after the ios 7 update though it may just be coincidence the calibration is off and when texting and such I'm not hitting the letters intended or that would appear I am touching. I have looked for apps I cannot figure out how to calibrate please help.

The capacitive iPhone screen doesn't have a "calibrate" function as you are asking for.  It uses an electrical contact, so it it possible that you need to discharge some built-up static in yourself or your iPhone.  Try performing an iPhone restart (hold the home and wake/sleep buttons both down until the Apple logo appears, it should take 10-20 seconds).  If that doesn't resolve, you can try connecting your iPhone to iTunes and perform a backup/restore process.  If that still doesn't work, try restoring your device as new in case the corruption is saved in your system preferences some how.  If that still doesn't fix it, then schedule an appointment for repairs / screen replacement.  If you are out of warranty, that will cost you about $99-149 at Apple, but it can be done cheaper at other loctions.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you so much!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.