The new iPhone 15
MikeON's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 10th, 2017 3:17 AM

Can't enable wi-fi calling on iPhone 6+

I try to enable Wi-Fi calling.  When I tap Enable, it brings up a page "Change your emergency 911 address".  My only options are to "Change Address" or "Cancel".  I tap Change Address, and the next page shows my correct address.  I click Verify Address, and a pop-up says "Wi-Fi Calling Emergency Address Updated"  I click OK, and it brings me back to the page "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone", with the slider set to off.  I move the slider to On, and it simply repeats the above steps.  How can I get it enabled?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @MikeON

I am glad you are trying to utilize the Wi-Fi calling feature, as this is incredibly useful. I would love to assist with this address input issue.

The first step I would check the software. You can always update the device by going to the Settings > swipe to the System Tab > tap About Device> Tap Software Update > Update Now. This way of updating a device can all be seen at our Device Support Page. You can select your make and model > Tutorials > System & storage. There you will see Software update.

The format of the address may be causing this problem, I do apologize for this. You can visit the United States Postal Service website to get the correct formatting so your address is valid for the E911 address.

If this does not work, please feel free to contact us again at your earliest convenience @ATTCares!

Have a wondeful day!

James, AT&T Community Specailist 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.