For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Bubbabubba1993's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 19th, 2016 11:35 PM

Can my parents see the apps I download?

I'm a good kid. But my parents have a family plan and I just wanted to know if they can see the apps I download. So can they?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Rayosun wrote:
No, they cannot see what data is used for. However if a paid app was downloaded and billed to the carrier, they will be able to see the charge on the bill. AT&T does take privacy seriously.

If they are free apps - you're all good!

Note this was posted in the Apple forum so presuming OP has an iPhone. Apple apps do not bill through the carrier. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Not from ATT. If you use the same Apple ID as your parents or have family sharing enabled, then they can tell from the AppStore app what apps have been downloaded though not necessarily which device downloaded each app. 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

No, they cannot see what data is used for. However if a paid app was downloaded and billed to the carrier, they will be able to see the charge on the bill. AT&T does take privacy seriously.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@Rayosun wrote:

Note this was posted in the Apple forum so presuming OP has an iPhone. Apple apps do not bill through the carrier. 

Yeah I probably should have worded it better and included the Android reference on the paid apps mention. 😛

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.