For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
cwj_2808262's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Friday, April 17th, 2015 2:18 PM

Can att help me unlock cdma band of ipad air1 cell att?

I am chinese and live in china.I purchased it from cowboom without contract when I travelled in us. The price is $405 and it is brand new.When I activated it with chinese cdma sim,it showed invaild sim card!I contacted apple immediately,they told me it support cdma and gsm,but  is gsm unlocked and cdma locked.If I need do cdma unlocked,I need contact att to help me unlock!

Can you help me unlock cdma?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@cwj_2808262 wrote:

I am chinese and live in china.I purchased it from cowboom without contract when I travelled in us. The price is $405 and it is brand new.When I activated it with chinese cdma sim,it showed invaild sim card!I contacted apple immediately,they told me it support cdma and gsm,but  is gsm unlocked and cdma locked.If I need do cdma unlocked,I need contact att to help me unlock!

Can you help me unlock cdma?

I don't believe ATT can not help you. ATT does not employ cdma in it's network, I do not believe it is possible for the cdma to be locked to ATT.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

air1.jpg

From picture,it support cdma! I have contacted apple to confim it! They were sure,but cdma was locked!

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I understand that the ipad supports cdma but ATT does not. There is no way the cdma can be locked to ATT, ATT does not use cdma in it's network. If the cdma is locked to a carrier, it is probably Sprint or Verizon.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

Because att dont use cdma in its network,so cdma is locked.Att iphone6 support cdma and gsm.but it is locked to att.If it is unlocked,att iphone6 can use cdma sim card in china!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@cwj_2808262 wrote:

Because att dont use cdma in its network,so cdma is locked.Att iphone6 support cdma and gsm.but it is locked to att.If it is unlocked,att iphone6 can use cdma sim card in china!

Not sure what you mean by "cdma sim card" since cdma does not use sim cards. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@cwj_2808262 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "cdma sim card" since cdma does not use sim cards. 

but it does use a sim card for LTE since LTE is gsm based tech.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

The iPad model was made for AT&T, which means it came from Apple without the ability to use the CDMA bands.
The sticker is generic, and on all iPads.

This iPad will never work on a CDMA network.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40

That is a false statement

Verizon sells the same model ATT does check out apples chart.  The usa has the same model 1475 across all carriers.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE/

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Part number MF009LL/A identifies this as an At&t iPad. Just like the iPhone 5S for AT&T, Apple has not included all the bands for all carriers.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40

but alas this is not how this ipad works.  yes it has an ATT part number but it will work on verizon or any other carrier.  That is because att includes a sim with the ipad so it needs an a at the end.  I have an Ipad mini that my mom has that was an ATT version that she is using on Verizon.  Apple only built 1 ipad for all carriers.  The iPhone 6 is the same way.  An unlock ATT 6 will work on verizon as long as the person has an activated sim card with another verizon phone.  The nexus 6 is like this to.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.