For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
lhrlfp's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 4th, 2017 11:57 PM

Can anyone help me to unlock that iPhone X

Called AT&T a few times and I heard a different response EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I purchased a few iPhone X's from Best Buy for the full price $1099.00, and I am trying to unlock it.

I accidentally activate that iPhone with my friend's AT&T SIM. He is a prepaid user. However, after I activated it, When I put my t-mobile sim in, it did not let me to activate.

The agent told me that i needed to go to att device unlock page and it would take a day to unlock.  I put my IMEI and it said This is not an AT&T device.

Hope someone can help me here...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

ATT won’t unlock it until after the 14 day return period, so you have to wait at least that long. However, since you used a prepaid sim to activate it, you probably triggered the 6 month requirement for prepaid. You may be able to get an exception to that policy but that will take even more time. You are probably better off returning it. Why you would buy an ATT locked phone when you have T-Mobile makes no sense to me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

it is a universal edition from best buy. But I find out If I activated the phone by verizon, then it will not lock. The phone locked to att after it activated with att sim.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Ok, I did not know Apple was doing that with the new iPhones. I guess your only option now is to wait the 14 days and resubmit. If your request gets denied because of the 6 month prepaid requirement, contact @ATTMobilityCare to get the exception.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm facing the same problem. I bought the iPhone X 256gb paying the full price but I am not supossed to unlock the device. After several calls to AT&T they said that I must wait 6 months to unlock it. That makes no sense! I Bought an universal iPhone X with no carrier but I activated the device with an AT&T pre-paid simcard, now I have to wait 6 months???

Here is the Best Buy link with the universal device: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-iphone-x-256gb-space-gray/6009456.p?skuId=6009456

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@mobileunlockb

I assume you charge a fee?   Any customer who pays full retail can get their phone unlocked for free.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

No, the guy above does not have to wait 6 months. He just needs to get an exception to the 6 month requirement which may take some doing but can be done.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@sandblaster@lizdance40: I never did hear about Best Buy selling “universal version” iPhone X. I checked out Apple Store Online, they selling “sim free” or unlocked iPhone X now. Apple were not selling “sim free” iPhone X last month.😳

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@MR_SMiT

Selling the sim free version a month or 2 after the carrier version must be some agreement with carriers.  Some people just can’t wait for it.  The cult of Apple has them following like lemmings.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@MR_SMiT

Selling the sim free version a month or 2 after the carrier version must be some agreement with carriers.  Some people just can’t wait for it.  The cult of Apple has them following like lemmings.

@lhrlfp@afiedler: I would stay away from “third parties” who offers to unlock brand new iPhones X for a fee. You might have issues with warranty later on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.