Can an iPhone 5 upgrade be transferred to another number?

Contributor

Can an iPhone 5 upgrade be transferred to another number?

Message 1 of 7 (5,942 Views)
Contributor

Re: Can an iPhone 5 upgrade be transferred to another number?

I was also wondering about this. My mom is eligible for an upgrade but she has a phone without a dataplan. I was wondering if I can transfer her upgrade to mine without having to give her a data plan.

Message 2 of 7 (5,903 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by youngjm (Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Yes, swapping upgrades is done all the time. Your best bet is to do it at a corporate retail store, they will ensure the right number gets the data plan. Be advised that the number used for the upgrade will have a new 2 year contract. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (5,770 Views)

If I wanted to make sure I actually got the phone (pre-ordered it under the number that was able to be upgraded), could I then just bring the new phone (untouched!) to my AT&T store to do the number switch? Where I am, there's no way I'd ever get my hands on one in stores, so I'd rather know I could actually get one first.  THANKS!

Message 4 of 7 (5,551 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is what I want to know. We have a line up for upgrade but I want to preorder the phone to make sure I get it but I want to make sure nothing on my bill changes and the phone that has an upgrade doesn't have a data plan.

Message 5 of 7 (5,105 Views)
Contributor

I am also interested in this question.

Message 6 of 7 (4,667 Views)
ACE - Master

sugarshoe322 wrote:

If I wanted to make sure I actually got the phone (pre-ordered it under the number that was able to be upgraded), could I then just bring the new phone (untouched!) to my AT&T store to do the number switch? Where I am, there's no way I'd ever get my hands on one in stores, so I'd rather know I could actually get one first.  THANKS!

Yes. Make your bring the new iphone and the phone you want to switch and make sure someone who is authorized on the account is there also.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7 (4,647 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.