The new iPhone 15
Yortenuj's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 8:04 PM

Can an iPhone 5 upgrade be transferred to another number?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, swapping upgrades is done all the time. Your best bet is to do it at a corporate retail store, they will ensure the right number gets the data plan. Be advised that the number used for the upgrade will have a new 2 year contract. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I was also wondering about this. My mom is eligible for an upgrade but she has a phone without a dataplan. I was wondering if I can transfer her upgrade to mine without having to give her a data plan.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

If I wanted to make sure I actually got the phone (pre-ordered it under the number that was able to be upgraded), could I then just bring the new phone (untouched!) to my AT&T store to do the number switch? Where I am, there's no way I'd ever get my hands on one in stores, so I'd rather know I could actually get one first.  THANKS!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is what I want to know. We have a line up for upgrade but I want to preorder the phone to make sure I get it but I want to make sure nothing on my bill changes and the phone that has an upgrade doesn't have a data plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am also interested in this question.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

@sugarshoe322 wrote:

If I wanted to make sure I actually got the phone (pre-ordered it under the number that was able to be upgraded), could I then just bring the new phone (untouched!) to my AT&T store to do the number switch? Where I am, there's no way I'd ever get my hands on one in stores, so I'd rather know I could actually get one first.  THANKS!

Yes. Make your bring the new iphone and the phone you want to switch and make sure someone who is authorized on the account is there also.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.