The new iPhone 15
azurecrimsonrose's profile

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 3:39 AM

Can a Verizon Wireless iPhone work on AT&T Wireless's network?

I have seen quite a few videos on YouTube of people who film themselves unlocking an iPhone 5 that is locked to Verizon.  Then it reads that the phone is unlocked and ready to be used on T-Mobile or AT&T.  Can a Verizon Wireless iPhone be used an the AT&T Wireless network?

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

A Verizon iPhone are ready unlocked out of the box, due to the LTE bands Verizon uses (Bands 1,3,5).

The iPhone can be used on the AT&T network, yes. However, since model was not specifically made for use on the AT&T network, you will not be able to access LTE. You will have access to HSPA+ though.

Important note: No other phone will work due to the technology differences. Verizon uses CDMA while AT&T uses GSM.

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the information.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had a question. I was thinking of getting a HTC Droid DNA from Verizon to replace my iPhone.

- I know you mentioned that no other phones would work, but I've seen videos where the Droid DNA works

with an AT&T SIM card.

According to the specs, the DNA has the same frequencies to be able to access HSPA+ from AT&T. I live in Grand Rapids, MI and have 4GLTE access, so I'm assuming HSPA+ would NOT be a problem, correct?

Can you clarify if in fact the DROID will work or not on HSPA+?

Thanks,

Daniel

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@hdzd616 wrote:

I had a question. I was thinking of getting a HTC Droid DNA from Verizon to replace my iPhone.

- I know you mentioned that no other phones would work, but I've seen videos where the Droid DNA works

with an AT&T SIM card.

According to the specs, the DNA has the same frequencies to be able to access HSPA+ from AT&T. I live in Grand Rapids, MI and have 4GLTE access, so I'm assuming HSPA+ would NOT be a problem, correct?

Can you clarify if in fact the DROID will work or not on HSPA+?

Thanks,

Daniel

check the radio -

GSM maybe

CDNA no

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

It would be interesting if you could somehow get it to work on AT&T. 🙂

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

The droid DNA does work on at&t network just by putting in the SIM from them and going to mobile data and under apn putting wap.Cingular however I can't send or receive picture texts and no one seems to know how to fix.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Got mms working by downloading an app called go sms from the Google play store!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I bought a used AT&T Galaxy Note 2, and it didn't get any signal here at my house. So I tested a Verizon Galaxy S3 with my AT&T sim card, and it works great. I haven't tested the LTE yet, but I put my phone in global data roaming and GSM network mode via the Mobile Networks menu. I've verified calls work, texts, and data seems to be working too. I'm guessing this is all 2G/3G but that's all I would get here even with an AT&T phone.

I also updated my APN settings to the AT&T APN, which can be found here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Unlocked-Phone-APN-Settings/td-p/3467513

It didn't require any unlocking either. There was a little notification that said "non-verizon sim" but it went away. I hope this info helps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have at&t and want to use my old version phone 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Jennfowler81 wrote:

I have at&t and want to use my old version phone 

You’re going to have to be more specific, what make and model phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.