The new iPhone 15
Thairfield's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 14th, 2016 6:17 PM

Can I turn in my phone I'm paying for on next plan

Can I turn in my phone that im paying for on the next plan to stop making the payments? If I do this will be I be charged a fee?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

The phone is yours and not returnable after 14 days.   If you cancel service, you will be billed the balance due on the phone.   You can sell it to pay off what your owe.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you're past a certain amount of time, yes you can turn it in.

You'd have to check your Next plan, but usually when you are down to 6-8 months (depends on plan) you can turn it in and not make those last (6-8 payments).

Say for example you're on Next 24, that's 30 payments at 24 you can turn it in. But at month 19 if you decide you don't want it, you can pay the 5 months to get you to 24 months and turn it in.

Some phones are worth more than the remaining 6 payments, for example: a 2 year old iPhone you can generally get much more than the last 6 payments, look at Gazelle.com (they buy with minimal effort) or ebay.com 

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

I could be wrong, but I don't believe he is asking for trade in to upgrade.  

Phones cannot be just turned in and remaining payments forgiven.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 That was SO out of the real of possibilty that I didn't even get that!  THANKS!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Without a response from the OP we don't know.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 I think you're right.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.