For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
jesslucia's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 9th, 2017 5:16 PM

Can I return an iphone 7 I just purchased because it stopped working?

I just purchased an iphone 7 a few days ago and it randomly shut off and stopped working. Can I return it for a new iphone 7 or iphone plus? 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jesslucia wrote:

I just purchased an iphone 7 a few days ago and it randomly shut off and stopped working. Can I return it for a new iphone 7 or iphone plus? 

If you're returning it for a different model there is a $45 restocking fee. You can't just swap models. If it's defective they might make you take it to Apple they might swap it in the store, stories vary. I've got them to replace a defective new phone with a new replacement, some have stories that they make them take it to Apple.

You have 14 days (inlcusive).

Unless you are getting some promo. I'd return it, pay the $45 and go get the more universal unlocked model from Apple (from an Apple store), I hear the cellular chip is a little bit more reliable in that model.

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@jesslucia Definitely take it to apple and get the Qualcomm LTE modem vs. the Intel model in the AT&T devices. Apple will likely troubleshoot the device but replacement devices are always new vs. refurbished devices that cellular companies often give (if you are outside the 14-day window of your device purchase).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.