Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can I move the Sim card from old iphone 6 plus to new iphone XR

Mentor

Can I move the Sim card from old iphone 6 plus to new iphone XR

Just purchased a new iPhone XR from Apple.. Can I move the Sim card from old iphone 6 plus to new iphone XR??

Do I need to call AT&T to update any info?    I used Chat to talk to a rep. & he told me I could I think.. If I understood 

him all I need to do is put the Sim in the new phone & everything will work.. Just want to double check & make sure 

there are no surprises..  TIA 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jodog4
‎03-09-2019 2:13 AM

Re: Can I move the Sim card from old iphone 6 plus to new iphone XR

@jodog4 wrote:

Just purchased a new iPhone XR from Apple.. Can I move the Sim card from old iphone 6 plus to new iphone XR??   Yes.  

Do I need to call AT&T to update any info?    I used Chat to talk to a rep. & he told me I could I think.. If I understood     The IMEI should update on its own.  

him all I need to do is put the Sim in the new phone & everything will work.. Just want to double check & make sure 

there are no surprises..  TIA 

Can’t think of any.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Can I move the Sim card from old iphone 6 plus to new iphone XR

Thanks..

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support