The new iPhone 15
nakamoto's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Friday, November 18th, 2011 6:00 PM

Can I keep my unlimited iPhone data plan if I upgrade to a FamilyTalk plan?

Hello,

I currently have a single-user plan for my iPhone that has grandfathered unlimited data. I plan to upgrade to the 4S, but am thinking about also keeping my old 4 on my account.

I understand that my unlimited data plan will follow me to the 4S, but will I still be able to keep it if I add my old 4 to my account? I don't mind if the old 4 can't share my 4S' unlimited data. I just want to be sure that I won't lose unlimited data for my 4S by upgrading to a FamilyTalk plan.

Thanks!

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

12 years ago

I can confirm this for you too t/s. I had the unlimited data on my single line of service. I opened a new line of service for a friend and it did not effect my data plan at all when I converted from the single line plan to the family talk plan. I also added a family member on to my family plan a few months back and it still had no impact on my data plan. Finally, I upgraded to the 4S and still, no changes to my data plan. I have not ported a number over, but given the scenarios I have experienced with no hiccups, I think you are quite safe.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

We have two iPhone 4S's.  Both with AT&T. We both have 'grandfathered' data plans with AT&T. We are now married.  We would like to convert from two single plans to a family plan, we would like to keep and pay for both data plans, can this be done?

-Two Lines with unlimited data 'grandfathered'

-Convert to family plan, share what's allowed, pay for Both unlimited data plans?

No new lines, just a conversion. 

?

Thank you. 

Maybe someday when we have kids.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I used to have unlimited data plan but somehow they messed up and couldn't find that I used to have unlimited data plan so they refused to change my data plan back to unlimited data plan. I used to have one because I am deaf so I thought I had it all along until I realized that they changed it without letting me know. This is not right. Should I keep fighting for it or try to find a solution for it or no?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@deafkiki wrote:

I used to have unlimited data plan but somehow they messed up and couldn't find that I used to have unlimited data plan so they refused to change my data plan back to unlimited data plan. I used to have one because I am deaf so I thought I had it all along until I realized that they changed it without letting me know. This is not right. Should I keep fighting for it or try to find a solution for it or no?

If they recently changed this on you, you should be able to just take last month's bill in showing that you had the unlimited data.  With that and the fact that you had not authorized any changes they should be able to get you the data plan back.  If it was longer ago than that, you may well be out of luck, since you paying your bill is a form of you accepting the charges as correct.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

To get your plan back due to an error, it needs to be corrected ASAP.  How long were you on a different plan?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.