For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
poutlaw1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 2:23 PM

Can I get the iPhone 8 Plus with the BOGO offer for the upgrade of my iPhone 6?

I am eligible for an upgrade to my iPhone 6.  Can I get the iPhone 8 Plus with the BOGO offer for the upgrade of my iPhone 6?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Doug18 wrote:

Problem with BOGO offer. I currently have 2 mobile lines, that's all I need. To get the offer I need to add another line, with a new phone number equals 3 lines with ATT. Then, I can cancel one of my original 2 lines which with the new line gets me back to 2 lines. However I had to change all my stats on the line I cancelled to the new #. ATT started with 2 lines now are back to 2 lines with me, but I had to make many changes with contacts and sites. Why did I have to go through that? ATT gained nothing but selling me the one phone and free phone. That doesn't change. ATT still has 2 lines.Why do I have to go through all that hassle
of changing numbers? I'll buy the phone deal, but not having to change my phone number to a new one. Will anyone read this even though you won't respond? No, I don't think so.

because on a balance sheet that new line is a net add which investors look at...  your closing one line makes a little churn but right now they look at net adds more.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Yes, I called today to clarify so I traded in 2 Iphones 6s for the BOGO promo; thinking it would be 2 IPHONE 8 PLUS phones, but not so fast; went through online process during Cyber Monday sales and confirmed purchase; once I recived onfirmation email and paying for the activation, upgrade fes and taxes, etc . Stated I will get 1 Iphone 8 plus and the other is not an Iphone 8 Plus but only Iphone 8 so not sure why they call it BOGO??

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@mannygon wrote:

Yes, I called today to clarify so I traded in 2 Iphones 6s for the BOGO promo; thinking it would be 2 IPHONE 8 PLUS phones, but not so fast; went through online process during Cyber Monday sales and confirmed purchase; once I recived onfirmation email and paying for the activation, upgrade fes and taxes, etc . Stated I will get 1 Iphone 8 plus and the other is not an Iphone 8 Plus but only Iphone 8 so not sure why they call it BOGO??

Read the offer.....

091DA958-A910-4E23-B27B-0F429EE77648.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@mannygon  By the way...

Did you add a line to ATT?   

453828A6-F531-4AAF-9F25-60741851A18D.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Looks like AT&T dropped bringing the new line and Direct TV requirements for BOGO iPhone 8/Plus. But, T-mobile is offering upgrade for the existing lines on all iPhones including iPhone 7, 7 Plus as part of their BOGO offer. Not sure why AT&T limits BOGO to only iPhones 8, 8 Plus.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@wood1208 wrote:

Looks like AT&T dropped bringing the new line and Direct TV requirements for BOGO iPhone 8/Plus. But, T-mobile is offering upgrade for the existing lines on all iPhones including iPhone 7, 7 Plus as part of their BOGO offer. Not sure why AT&T limits BOGO to only iPhones 8, 8 Plus.

@wood1208

It still requires a new line

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T must have changed it in last two days. Here is what AT&T had before...

SMARTPHONE BOGO: Limited Time Offer. Select locations. Must buy each iPhone 8 64 GB ($699.99) on 0% APR AT&T Next (30 mos. at $23.34/mo.) or AT&T Next Every Year (24 mos. at $29.17/mo.) with eligible service. Tax on full retail price of both due at sale. After all credits, get iPhone 8 64GB for free. Max credit may be applied towards other eligible iPhone 8/8 Plus models priced up to $950, which will be discounted but not free. iPhone X is not eligible. Req’d Wireless: Eligible postpaid wireless voice & data svc on both devices (min. $65/mo. for new svc with autopay and paperless bill discount. Pay $75/mo. until discount starts w/in 2 bills.  Existing customers can add to elig. current plans If you cancel wireless svc on one, will owe that device balance of up to $950. Activation Fee: up to $45/each. Return: Return w/in 14 days. Restocking fee up to $45 each may apply. Bill Credits: Applied in equal amounts to device over entire agmt term & will not exceed $700. Both wireless lines must be on same acct, be active & in good standing for 30 days to qualify. To get all credits, free wireless line must remain active, with eligible service, and on agmt for entire term. If you cancel service, upgrade or pay up/off agmt early your credits may cease.  Limits: May not be combinable w/other offers, discounts or credits. Purchase, financing & other limits & restr’s apply. Participation in this offer may make your wireless account ineligible for select other offers (including select bill credit offers) for a 12 month period.  See store or att.com/iphone8offer for offer details.
GEN. WIRELESS SVC: Subj. to Wireless Customer Agmt (att.com/wca). Credit approval required. Svcs not for resale. Deposit: May apply. Limits: Purch. & line limits apply. Prices may vary by location. Taxes, fees, monthly, other charges, usage, speed, coverage & other restr's apply per line. See att.com/additionalcharges for details on fees & charges. Promotions, terms & restr’s subject to change & may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. AT&T service is subject to AT&T network management policies. See att.com/broadbandinfo for details.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Verizon has matched T-Mobile’s killer iPhone X and other iPhones,phones deal

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Watch out for the bogo deal... they have scammed a lot of people this way ... be wary

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Crooks crooks they are... they sell you on the bogo then charge you anyway... watch yourself

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.