The new iPhone 15
poutlaw1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 2:23 PM

Can I get the iPhone 8 Plus with the BOGO offer for the upgrade of my iPhone 6?

I am eligible for an upgrade to my iPhone 6.  Can I get the iPhone 8 Plus with the BOGO offer for the upgrade of my iPhone 6?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Someone needs to tell Jacob from "The Verge" that ATT does not lease phones.  Reporting these days is rumor with a heavy helping of fertilizer.  (In my line of work we call it poop). 

I agree with @GLIMMERMAN76 and @sandblaster , do not expect to upgrade and get a second phone free.  Look for keywords Like "not an upgrade offer".  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@kdfederer wrote:

According to a link I found, the only requirement is to have DirecTV or Uverse

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/13/16303954/att-sprint-iphone-8-deals-announced-bogo-trade-in

Yeah, but the article also said the phones needed to be bought through ATT's leasing program, so not too credible.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

is the BOGO offer good on the new iPhone 8 coming out

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I saw a few news articles that said that AT&T will be ending the current BOGO offer for the iPhone 7, and replacing it with the same offer for the iPhone 8. But I haven't heard any official word from AT&T yet? Can anyone confirm? Has anyone heard anything else about this offer?
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/13/16303954/att-sprint-iphone-8-deals-announced-bogo-trade-in
http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/technology/ct-att-buy-one-get-one-iphone-20170913-story.html
http://bgr.com/2017/09/13/iphone-8-at-t-preorder-release-date-deals-buy-one-get-one/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Is this true that at&t is offering buy one get one free iphone 8? If so when are they offering this?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

The BOGO offer on iPhone  requires one new line to ATT and Direct TV or Uverse services.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

As reported earlier this week in the media, there is a BOGO on the iPhone 8. It is called the "Poular smartphone BOGO" and the iPhone 8 is included:

Popular smartphone BOGO: Ltd. time offer. Select locations. Eligible Devices: Must buy two eligible Samsung smartphones or iPhones (both devices must be from same manufacturer & max credit varies by manufacturer) on installment agmt w/eligible service. Tax on full retail price of both due at sale. Retail price is divided into monthly installments. Samsung Combo (Max credit $750): Must buy each Galaxy S8 ($749.99) on 0% APR AT&T Next (30 mos. at $25.00/mo.) or AT&T Next Every Year (24 mos. at $31.25/mo.). After all credits, get Galaxy S8 for free. Max credit may be applied towards the other eligible Samsung devices priced up to $950 (Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active, and Note8), which are discounted but not free. iPhone Combo (Max credit $700): Must buy each iPhone 8 64 GB ($699.99) on 0% APR AT&T Next (30 mos. at $23.34/mo.) or AT&T Next Every Year (24 mos. at $29.17/mo.). After all credits, get iPhone 8 64GB for free. Max credit may be applied towards other eligible iPhone 8/8 Plus models priced up to $950, which will be discounted but not free. Req’d Wireless: Eligible postpaid wireless voice & data svc on both (min. $70/mo. for new svc; existing customers can add to elig. current plans). If you cancel wireless svc on one, will owe that device balance of up to $950. Activation Fee: up to $25/each. Return: Restocking fee up to $45 each may apply. Bill Credits: Applied in equal amounts to device over entire agmt term & will not exceed $750 for Samsung and $700 for iPhone. Addresses for TV & wireless accounts must match & both wireless lines must be on same acct, be active & in good standing for 30 days to qualify. To get all credits, free wireless line and TV service must remain active, with eligible service, and on agmts for entire term. If upgrade or pay up/off agmts early your credits may cease. DIRECTV: New or existing residential customers. Excludes DIRECTV NOW. If new customer, 24-month agmt & equipment lease req’d. Must be installed w/in 30 days of device activation to receive credits; if svc cannot be installed must return device w/in 14 days of notification from AT&T or are bound to the terms of your installment agreement. Residents of select multi-dwelling units are not eligible for this offer. For Puerto Rico: Account holder must go to AT&T store & present proof of DIRECTV service & provide consent of sharing of account information between DIRECTV & AT&T. Limits: See your sales rep before any purchases to determine if eligible. May not be combinable w/other offers, discounts or credits. Purchase, financing & other limits & restr’s apply. Participation in this offer may make your wireless account ineligible for select other offers (including select bill credit offers) for a 12 month period. See store or att.com/ deals/buy-one-get-one-offer.html for offer details.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

This BOGO works like previous BOGO's where you buy two phones then come back here in 3-6 months and complain about not getting any credits only to find you didn't meet the BOGO requirements.

Please read the requirements carefully and make sure you meet them, otherwise no credits. A new line and Directv satellite service is required.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

So I got up at 3 this morning to order new iphones for my daughters, one new line and one upgrade.

All was going pretty well, but I noticed that while I could change the NEXT plan for 30-24 months on the upgrade, the second one I added through the nice "get another one for free prompts" was set to the 30-month plan. Talked to the folks on chat who said, no problem, finish the order, and call tomorrow to get it switched to the 24 month plan.

Called this morning, and twice was transfer/disconnected, so gave up on that. Tried the social media channels and finally get a hold of someone who says - there's no way to fix that order, best they can do is cancel the line that's wrong, and I can re-order on the 24-month plan. They go to do so, and turns out they can't, they'd have to cancel the whole order. Which - I'd let them do, but pretty sure I'll end up in the exact same boat, because the interface wouldn't let me choose the 24-month plan. Is there no way to get this contract updated prior to the device shipping?

Anyone else been successful at doing this with two iphones on the BOGO 24-month plans? I tried to look and see if the site had been updated to allow it, and I could just cancel and redo the whole order, but I don't even the screen about the bogo offer at all any more, so am concerned that might go from bad to worse...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just got off chat with a service rep.  I have two phones available for upgrade.  They said I must add a line/service to qualify for the BOGO.  Just changing the phones does not qualify for as a "new service".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.