The new iPhone 15
rgerstner's profile

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

Monday, September 20th, 2010 1:05 AM

Camera Roll - Photo Sync Issues

I have an Apple Iphone 4, and when I sync the phone, the photos I have taken using the phone, do not get copied to the computer or do they? If so where do they go? I have checked virtually every folder and cannot find them, please help.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

14 years ago

PC would treat iPhone as any other digital camera...  Try this tutorial:  http://www.trickyways.com/2010/01/transfer-iphone-pictures-to-pc-windows-7/

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

The pics from the camera roll are not synced.  It is up to the user to manually copy them from the iPhone to your computer.

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

14 years ago

From iPhone User Guide (For iOS 4.1 Software) page 123: 

Uploading Photos and Videos to Your Computer

You can upload the photos and videos you take with Camera to photo applications on your computer, such as iPhoto on a Mac.

Upload photos and videos to your computer: Connect iPhone to your computer.

Mac: Select the photos and videos you want and click the Import or Download

button in iPhoto or other supported photo application on your computer.

PC: Follow the instructions that came with your photo application.

If you delete the photos and videos from iPhone when you upload them to your computer, they’re removed from the Camera Roll album. You can use the Photos settings pane in iTunes to sync photos and videos (videos can be synced with Macs only) to the Photos app on iPhone. See “iPhone Settings Panes in iTunes” on page 55.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks for the help, but page 123 of the user manual I have is about Youtube Videos. Also I am a bit confused  with using the instructions that came with my photo application?

All I want is for the photo I take with my iphone 4 to sync to my PC.....shouldn't this happen automatically?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

@rgerstner wrote:

All I want is for the photo I take with my iphone 4 to sync to my PC.....shouldn't this happen automatically?

No.  Photos in the camera roll do not sync with the PC or MAC.  They are not designed to do so.

You can set up a folder or list of pictures on your computer to sync with the iPhone via the Photo's tab in iTunes.  It does not work the other way around.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

14 years ago

Perfect! That works....sorry for the { word filter evasion }  error!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.