Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Dec 16, 2011
    6:36:37 AM
    View profile
    Calendar Sync Error

I've just noticed that when I sync my iPhone (3G) with Outlook ... The dates of appointments on the phone show up as being an hour later than on Outlook. There must be a simple explanation and fix for this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Dec 17, 2011 6:34:45 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

hjim wrote:

I've just noticed that when I sync my iPhone (3G) with Outlook ... The dates of appointments on the phone show up as being an hour later than on Outlook. There must be a simple explanation and fix for this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Usually this means Outlook/the computer its running on are set in the wrong time zone, or your phone is.

This is one of many guides on the web that walks you though checking all the settings

http://www.hightechdad.com/2008/08/27/fix-it-outlook-calendar-and-iphone-calendar-events-hours-not-synched-correctly/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Accepted Solution

Calendar Sync Error

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 16, 2011 6:58:35 AM
    (0)
    Professor

i think i read some where if you have your Iphone time set to automatic this causes a problem like you are having. try putting the time zone set to your city,and turn off set automatically  off.

hello!!!

Re: Calendar Sync Error

2 of 6 (2,357 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 16, 2011 1:37:28 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work ... even after I manually changed some times in the ophoe calendar to create a conflict that would need to be resolved. Oh well.

3 of 6 (2,341 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 16, 2011 4:35:06 PM
    (0)
    Professor

it was worth a try i hope you get fixed.

hello!!!

4 of 6 (2,331 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Dec 17, 2011 6:34:45 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

hjim wrote:

Thanks

Usually this means Outlook/the computer its running on are set in the wrong time zone, or your phone is.

This is one of many guides on the web that walks you though checking all the settings

http://www.hightechdad.com/2008/08/27/fix-it-outlook-calendar-and-iphone-calendar-events-hours-not-synched-correctly/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (2,321 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 30, 2011 12:50:21 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Thanks ... that did it!

6 of 6 (2,263 Views)