The new iPhone 15
docbombay's profile

Guru

• 

1K Messages

Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 1:22 AM

Calendar Alerts

I have an iPhone 3G (will be getting the iPhone 5 ASAP) and have noticed something odd.  Not long ago, I upgraded my iMac desktop to Mountain Lion and began to use Notifications for iCal and email.  After the first Sync with my iPhone, I noticed that the phone began to display calendar alerts also.  It never did so before, and I don't really want it to.  I know I can possibly turn off the sound in Settings > Notifications (although this screen lists 3 specific Apps, not Calendar) but I would like to stop the visual notifications AND sounds for iCal alerts only, and only on the phone, not the desktop.  I cannot find a way to do this with the settings available and wonder if anyone has an answer.  When I get the iPhone 5, maybe there will be a more evident setting.  Thanks,

docbombay

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

12 years ago

On the iPhone 3 all you can do is turn off the alert sounds.  Not the alert itself.  I guess they were thinking if you set the event to alert you, that you would want that alert whereever you were at.

When you get the new iPhone 5 you will have this which will probably suit your need: 

Settings > Notifications > Calendar.

Notification Center:  OFF

View in Lock Screen:  OFF

> Calendat Alerts

Alert Tone > None

Guru

• 

1K Messages

12 years ago

Their thinking is not incorrect, but for some reason the phone alerts always come in the middle of the night, and the sound and/or light awaken me.  The desktop is off or asleep at night, not to mention at the other end of the house, so it doesn't matter what time the alerts arrive.  I did figure out how to turn off the sound for calendar alerts, but I don't want to turn off the phone at night in case of an emergency call.  Guess I'll have to wait for the iphone 5.  Thank you, though.

docbombay

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.