The new iPhone 15
PierceA12333's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 8th, 2018 8:08 AM

Bought a phone from a 3rd party

So I bought an iPhone from a guy in a 3rd party group that it turns out was reported as lost. Att customer support did a lot to help me and I am very thankful for them. The things is, they already updated my imei number but the phone still displays an error message that says "were sorry but this service has been blocked by network use. Please contact your wireless service provider". Can anyone tell me what else do i need to do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You can’t use the blacklisted phone with a different imei. As soon as you connect to the network, the imei will automatically update and you will once again be blocked. There is no fix other than getting the imei removed from the blacklist which you can not do. Only whoever put the phone on the blacklist can remove it from the blacklist. As stated previously, you got ripped off.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Are you still using the blacklisted phone or are you saying you had your imei updated to a different phone? If the latter, try rebooting your phone. If that does not work, you may need a new SIM card. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

The 2nd hand phone can’t be used.  Unfortunately you got ripped off.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I am still using the blacklisted Iphone only with a different Imei number.
Is there a way to fix this problem?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Alright, I understand. Thanks for your help!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Can I activate this blacklisted phone to a different country?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

6 years ago

No.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.