Helpful Links

Blocking - Blocked Callers

Blocking - Blocked Callers

Is it possible to BLOCK, 'Blocked' numbers? If so how does one go about this business?

 

AT&T - iPhone 3GS

146,886 Views
Message 1 of 37
Tutor

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

How can i hide my phone number on my call detail report..?? Some one can help me...??
Message 11 of 37
Contributor

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

what's jailbreaking?

Message 12 of 37
Master

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

 


jamend08 wrote:

what's jailbreaking?


The meaning of the term jailbreaking can be found here.  However, as Caretaker has mentioned in message 8 of this thread, although AT&T doesn't have an issue with the term "jailbreaking", this forum does not allow open discussion of this topic. Smiley Wink

 

Message 13 of 37
Contributor

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

have a 3GS and can't find the shown screen to block a caller... where is it, or how do I do this on the iPhone 3Gs?

 

Message 14 of 37
Master

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

 


MJAM727 wrote:

have a 3GS and can't find the shown screen to block a caller... where is it, or how do I do this on the iPhone 3Gs?


Go back and re-read all the messages as it's explained.  That is not a feature of the iPhone.  The person jailbroke the iPhone to add that feature.

 

Message 15 of 37
Tutor

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

This is truly sad.  An At&T rep doesn't give an official factual answer here on this topic that is clearly a concern of many.  One item gets listed as a "solution" but since it requires jailbreaking I don't consider that a solution. And don't tell me the technology doesn't exist...it's been available on landlines for 20 years and AT&T offers Smart Limits on family plans.  No, for some reason that AT&T is not admitiing, someone at AT&T has actually chosen to deny us this feature.  Let me guess...nobody gets any revenue if a call is blocked, but AT&T gets line useage revenue even if you don't answer.  We have to put up with annoyances as we pay $100plus/month so that they can earn a penny or two more per line per month. Maybe I'll see what Verizon offers.

Message 16 of 37
Guru

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

I assume this is more of an Apple issue than an AT&T issue. I can do this on my daughters Samsung phone.
Message 17 of 37
Professor

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers


dvt802 wrote:

This is truly sad.  An At&T rep doesn't give an official factual answer here on this topic that is clearly a concern of many.  One item gets listed as a "solution" but since it requires jailbreaking I don't consider that a solution. And don't tell me the technology doesn't exist...it's been available on landlines for 20 years and AT&T offers Smart Limits on family plans.  No, for some reason that AT&T is not admitiing, someone at AT&T has actually chosen to deny us this feature.  Let me guess...nobody gets any revenue if a call is blocked, but AT&T gets line useage revenue even if you don't answer.  We have to put up with annoyances as we pay $100plus/month so that they can earn a penny or two more per line per month. Maybe I'll see what Verizon offers.


{Please keep it courteous}

 

How exactly is it an AT&T problem that the functionality does NOT exist on the iPhone or in iOS?

AT&T offers solutions to customers to block numbers, yes it cost money, but that is what happens in a free market.

 

Maybe you should see what Verizon offers... I seriously doubt they block calls for free.  Oh, and do not even think that the iPhone on Verizon will offer this "missing" feature, as it's not an AT&T restriction, it is Apple.

 

Geesh... why get all bent out of shape over a minor, unimportant issue.

Just ignore the friggin' call if you do not want to answer it.

Message 18 of 37
Guru

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers


satchev wrote:

dvt802 wrote:

This is truly sad.  An At&T rep doesn't give an official factual answer here on this topic that is clearly a concern of many.  One item gets listed as a "solution" but since it requires jailbreaking I don't consider that a solution. And don't tell me the technology doesn't exist...it's been available on landlines for 20 years and AT&T offers Smart Limits on family plans.  No, for some reason that AT&T is not admitiing, someone at AT&T has actually chosen to deny us this feature.  Let me guess...nobody gets any revenue if a call is blocked, but AT&T gets line useage revenue even if you don't answer.  We have to put up with annoyances as we pay $100plus/month so that they can earn a penny or two more per line per month. Maybe I'll see what Verizon offers.


{Please keep it courteous}


 How exactly is it an AT&T problem that the functionality does NOT exist on the iPhone or in iOS?

AT&T offers solutions to customers to block numbers, yes it cost money, but that is what happens in a free market.

 

Maybe you should see what Verizon offers... I seriously doubt they block calls for free.  Oh, and do not even think that the iPhone on Verizon will offer this "missing" feature, as it's not an AT&T restriction, it is Apple.

 

Geesh... why get all bent out of shape over a minor, unimportant issue.

Just ignore the friggin' call if you do not want to answer it.


Maybe you should be asking yourself that same question...Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 37

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

 


satchev wrote:

{Please keep it courteous}

 





{Please keep it courteous}

 

The fact of the matter is:  AT&T sells the technology that gets used to harass us with solicitation calls.  AT&T will also sell you a service to block calls. 

 

They make the $$$ on both ends.

 

AT&T can very easily provide a blacklist capability for free, but they want the revenue.

 

Please, no more name calling or free market lectures.

 

 

 

Message 20 of 37
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support