Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 25, 2009
11:36:34 PM
Blocking - Blocked Callers

Is it possible to BLOCK, 'Blocked' numbers? If so how does one go about this business?

AT&T - iPhone 3GS

Is it possible to BLOCK, 'Blocked' numbers? If so how does one go about this business?

AT&T - iPhone 3GS

Accepted Solution

Blocking - Blocked Callers

36 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(36)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2012 1:05:31 PM
(0)
Guru

istouklov wrote:

Let's all together walk to Verizon then!

Ummmm... I'm not going to Verizon!

istouklov wrote:

Let's all together walk to Verizon then!

Ummmm... I'm not going to Verizon!

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

31 of 37 (6,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2012 5:40:06 AM
(0)
Contributor
Several things
• Smart Limits can not block unknown numbers. So that won't help you anyway.
• Most phones have native call blocking, sadly iPhone doesn't.
• There are apps out there that do. Some are free some are not. Some are good, some are not. Buyer beware.
• One app is Mr Number. Read carefully before using.
• A more robust solution that includes such niceties as blocked number unmasking is trap call. It's a pay service.
• If you know the inbound number you can add it as a contact and then give it a custom ring tone. There are silent ringtones. Hopefully the application here is obvious.

Good Luck!
Several things
• Smart Limits can not block unknown numbers. So that won't help you anyway.
• Most phones have native call blocking, sadly iPhone doesn't.
• There are apps out there that do. Some are free some are not. Some are good, some are not. Buyer beware.
• One app is Mr Number. Read carefully before using.
• A more robust solution that includes such niceties as blocked number unmasking is trap call. It's a pay service.
• If you know the inbound number you can add it as a contact and then give it a custom ring tone. There are silent ringtones. Hopefully the application here is obvious.

Good Luck!

32 of 37 (6,388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2012 11:06:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

Good morning I have. 3G phone and I need to know how to block a number from calling me

Good morning I have. 3G phone and I need to know how to block a number from calling me

33 of 37 (6,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2012 11:09:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

I need help to block a numberGordon calling me

I need help to block a numberGordon calling me

34 of 37 (6,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2012 3:31:33 AM
(0)
Master

Bettybo19011405 wrote:

See the post right above you about smart limits a monthly service that ATT sells.  I don't use it and it has some limitiations but it may meet your needs.  There are really no other ways to block a number.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Bettybo19011405 wrote:

See the post right above you about smart limits a monthly service that ATT sells.  I don't use it and it has some limitiations but it may meet your needs.  There are really no other ways to block a number.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

35 of 37 (6,233 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 15, 2013 9:52:01 AM
(0)
Community Support

Though this thread is quite old it still gets a lot of views. Please visit Block incoming calls/messages for all information on the subject. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Though this thread is quite old it still gets a lot of views. Please visit Block incoming calls/messages for all information on the subject. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

36 of 37 (5,427 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 6:07:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

That's not right. AT&T Smart Limits CANNOT be used to block UNKNOWN callers, according to the AT&T Support Site.

That's not right. AT&T Smart Limits CANNOT be used to block UNKNOWN callers, according to the AT&T Support Site.

37 of 37 (4,147 Views)