Blocking - Blocked Callers

Blocking - Blocked Callers

Is it possible to BLOCK, 'Blocked' numbers? If so how does one go about this business?

AT&T - iPhone 3GS

Message 1 of 37
Tutor

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

How can i hide my phone number on my call detail report..?? Some one can help me...??
Message 11 of 37
Contributor

what's jailbreaking?

Message 12 of 37
Master

jamend08 wrote:

what's jailbreaking?

The meaning of the term jailbreaking can be found here.  However, as Caretaker has mentioned in message 8 of this thread, although AT&T doesn't have an issue with the term "jailbreaking", this forum does not allow open discussion of this topic. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 37
Contributor

have a 3GS and can't find the shown screen to block a caller... where is it, or how do I do this on the iPhone 3Gs?

Message 14 of 37
Master

MJAM727 wrote:

have a 3GS and can't find the shown screen to block a caller... where is it, or how do I do this on the iPhone 3Gs?

Go back and re-read all the messages as it's explained.  That is not a feature of the iPhone.  The person jailbroke the iPhone to add that feature.

Message 15 of 37
Tutor

This is truly sad.  An At&T rep doesn't give an official factual answer here on this topic that is clearly a concern of many.  One item gets listed as a "solution" but since it requires jailbreaking I don't consider that a solution. And don't tell me the technology doesn't exist...it's been available on landlines for 20 years and AT&T offers Smart Limits on family plans.  No, for some reason that AT&T is not admitiing, someone at AT&T has actually chosen to deny us this feature.  Let me guess...nobody gets any revenue if a call is blocked, but AT&T gets line useage revenue even if you don't answer.  We have to put up with annoyances as we pay $100plus/month so that they can earn a penny or two more per line per month. Maybe I'll see what Verizon offers.

Message 16 of 37
Guru

I assume this is more of an Apple issue than an AT&T issue. I can do this on my daughters Samsung phone.
Message 17 of 37
Professor

dvt802 wrote:

This is truly sad.  An At&T rep doesn't give an official factual answer here on this topic that is clearly a concern of many.  One item gets listed as a "solution" but since it requires jailbreaking I don't consider that a solution. And don't tell me the technology doesn't exist...it's been available on landlines for 20 years and AT&T offers Smart Limits on family plans.  No, for some reason that AT&T is not admitiing, someone at AT&T has actually chosen to deny us this feature.  Let me guess...nobody gets any revenue if a call is blocked, but AT&T gets line useage revenue even if you don't answer.  We have to put up with annoyances as we pay $100plus/month so that they can earn a penny or two more per line per month. Maybe I'll see what Verizon offers.

{Please keep it courteous}

How exactly is it an AT&T problem that the functionality does NOT exist on the iPhone or in iOS?

AT&T offers solutions to customers to block numbers, yes it cost money, but that is what happens in a free market.

Maybe you should see what Verizon offers... I seriously doubt they block calls for free.  Oh, and do not even think that the iPhone on Verizon will offer this "missing" feature, as it's not an AT&T restriction, it is Apple.

Geesh... why get all bent out of shape over a minor, unimportant issue.

Just ignore the friggin' call if you do not want to answer it.

Message 18 of 37
Highlighted
Guru

satchev wrote:

dvt802 wrote:

How exactly is it an AT&T problem that the functionality does NOT exist on the iPhone or in iOS?

AT&T offers solutions to customers to block numbers, yes it cost money, but that is what happens in a free market.

Maybe you should see what Verizon offers... I seriously doubt they block calls for free.  Oh, and do not even think that the iPhone on Verizon will offer this "missing" feature, as it's not an AT&T restriction, it is Apple.

Geesh... why get all bent out of shape over a minor, unimportant issue.

Just ignore the friggin' call if you do not want to answer it.

Maybe you should be asking yourself that same question...Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 37

satchev wrote:

The fact of the matter is:  AT&T sells the technology that gets used to harass us with solicitation calls.  AT&T will also sell you a service to block calls. 

They make the $$$ on both ends.

AT&T can very easily provide a blacklist capability for free, but they want the revenue.

Please, no more name calling or free market lectures.

Message 20 of 37
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support