Blocking - Blocked Callers

Blocking - Blocked Callers

Is it possible to BLOCK, 'Blocked' numbers? If so how does one go about this business?

AT&T - iPhone 3GS

Message 1 of 37 (144,992 Views)
Professor

Re: Blocking - Blocked Callers

Yeah, google iBlacklist...

e92a756e.jpg picture by iPhone_3_GS

Message 2 of 37 (143,461 Views)
Professor

Can iBlacklist be used without jailbreaking?
Message 3 of 37 (143,443 Views)
Scholar

No, there is no way to install it without jailbreaking your iPhone.
Message 4 of 37 (143,431 Views)
Professor

Not quite the same, but I have YouMail's Ditchmail service enabled for such numbers.

It works like this: Your phone rings, and it goes to a message saying that the number has been disconnected. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 37 (143,428 Views)

Thank you for the replys. Smiley Happy

Went with iBlacklist, hopefully it works.

Message 6 of 37 (143,404 Views)
Master

I'm bummed I wanted to add this..
Message 7 of 37 (143,362 Views)
Former Moderator

loginname12 wrote:

Thank you for the replys. Smiley Happy

Went with iBlacklist, hopefully it works.

While we don't have issue with the term jailbreaking, we will not allow open discussion regarding this topic on the forum as an attempt to do such actions may result in the voiding of one's device warranty and even the irreparable damaging of the device itself. As always, another reminder to everyone:

Members like you provide most of the content in the Forums. Such third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person posting the content. AT&T does not control or endorse such content and is not responsible for this third-party content. AT&T does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement on intellectual property rights, or quality of any content that appears in the Forums, regardless of who originates that content. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on the content.

Everyone should take this into consideration when accepting advice on this forum, particularly within regard to the modification of a device's software to the degree that jailbreaking is. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 8 of 37 (143,350 Views)
Tutor

i'm not seeing how the ditchmail feature does anything about blocked or restricted numbers, it looks like you can only choose actual numbers from your contact list.
Message 9 of 37 (142,900 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

nikkibee wrote:
i'm not seeing how the ditchmail feature does anything about blocked or restricted numbers, it looks like you can only choose actual numbers from your contact list.

If that's directed to me, you *do* have the ability to choose the default Blocked or Unknown Number Ditchmail greeting ("We're sorry, this number does not accept calls from blocked or unknown numbers...") or even the Number Disconnected one ("We're sorry, the number you called has been disconnected"), or any one of a number of options you want.

http://www.youmail.com/youmail/greeting/blockedSettings.do

Message 10 of 37 (142,891 Views)
Tutor

How can i hide my phone number on my call detail report..?? Some one can help me...??
Message 11 of 37 (62,400 Views)
Contributor

what's jailbreaking?

Message 12 of 37 (60,278 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

jamend08 wrote:

what's jailbreaking?

The meaning of the term jailbreaking can be found here.  However, as Caretaker has mentioned in message 8 of this thread, although AT&T doesn't have an issue with the term "jailbreaking", this forum does not allow open discussion of this topic. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 37 (60,260 Views)
Contributor

have a 3GS and can't find the shown screen to block a caller... where is it, or how do I do this on the iPhone 3Gs?

Message 14 of 37 (57,154 Views)
Master

MJAM727 wrote:

have a 3GS and can't find the shown screen to block a caller... where is it, or how do I do this on the iPhone 3Gs?

Go back and re-read all the messages as it's explained.  That is not a feature of the iPhone.  The person jailbroke the iPhone to add that feature.

Message 15 of 37 (57,145 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.