The new iPhone 15
loginname12's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 26th, 2009 6:36 AM

Blocking - Blocked Callers

Is it possible to BLOCK, 'Blocked' numbers? If so how does one go about this business?

AT&T - iPhone 3GS

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Though this thread is quite old it still gets a lot of views. Please visit Block incoming calls/messages for all information on the subject. 

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

14 years ago

Yeah, google iBlacklist...

e92a756e.jpg picture by iPhone_3_GS

Professor

• 

2K Messages

14 years ago

Can iBlacklist be used without jailbreaking?

Scholar

• 

224 Messages

14 years ago

No, there is no way to install it without jailbreaking your iPhone.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

14 years ago

Not quite the same, but I have YouMail's Ditchmail service enabled for such numbers.

It works like this: Your phone rings, and it goes to a message saying that the number has been disconnected. 🙂

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

Thank you for the replys. 🙂

Went with iBlacklist, hopefully it works.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

14 years ago

I'm bummed I wanted to add this..

Former Moderator

• 

1.7K Messages

14 years ago

loginname12 wrote:

Thank you for the replys. 🙂

Went with iBlacklist, hopefully it works.

While we don't have issue with the term jailbreaking, we will not allow open discussion regarding this topic on the forum as an attempt to do such actions may result in the voiding of one's device warranty and even the irreparable damaging of the device itself. As always, another reminder to everyone:

Members like you provide most of the content in the Forums. Such third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person posting the content. AT&T does not control or endorse such content and is not responsible for this third-party content. AT&T does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement on intellectual property rights, or quality of any content that appears in the Forums, regardless of who originates that content. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on the content.

Everyone should take this into consideration when accepting advice on this forum, particularly within regard to the modification of a device's software to the degree that jailbreaking is. Thank you.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

i'm not seeing how the ditchmail feature does anything about blocked or restricted numbers, it looks like you can only choose actual numbers from your contact list.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

14 years ago

@nikkibee wrote:
i'm not seeing how the ditchmail feature does anything about blocked or restricted numbers, it looks like you can only choose actual numbers from your contact list.

If that's directed to me, you *do* have the ability to choose the default Blocked or Unknown Number Ditchmail greeting ("We're sorry, this number does not accept calls from blocked or unknown numbers...") or even the Number Disconnected one ("We're sorry, the number you called has been disconnected"), or any one of a number of options you want.

http://www.youmail.com/youmail/greeting/blockedSettings.do

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.