Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blacklist Removal

Contributor

Blacklist Removal

Hey, I was wondering why can't I get my phone Un-Blocked I have purchased the phone through a third party. The phone has been unlocked from at&t and yes I should have ran an imei check but for the price i couldnt turn it down and as a college student i cant afford to just go buy a new phone.
Message 1 of 25
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎04-03-2017 3:26 PM

Re: Blacklist Removal

Those are the rules of the blacklist, only the person reporting it lost or stolen can remove it. There would be no point to having a blacklist if anyone could remove it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 25
ACE - Professor

Only the person who blacklisted phone can unblacklist it. Better if can return phone to "third party" and get your money back.
Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 25
Contributor

Im still confused as in to how its blocked by your service the carrier says that it is TFW.
Message 4 of 25
ACE - Expert

Chances are, after you purchased the phone, the person that sold it to you, reported the phone lost or stolen, to defraud the insurance company. That is the only way for a phone to be blacklisted.

If the phone is locked, TFW is TracFone Wireless. It may need to be unlocked from TracFone.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 5 of 25
Contributor

That may be the case, I recently purchased the BYOP plan from straight talk none of my information works for TracFone nor Straight Talk i also even did an IMEI check on AT&t website said that it was invalid.
Message 6 of 25
Contributor

Did u ever find a solution for your problem? Im having the same issues.
Message 7 of 25
Contributor

Okay so my fiancé paid 500 dollars for an iPhone from GameStop, I received the phone today and took my SIM card out of my current phone and put it in the new one, after about 45 minutes my phone said the device was blocked. I went to GameStop who told me to go to att and they told me it was blacklisted. If I go into att with a receipt and the phone will to show I purchased it from a retailer will they be able to remove it from the blacklist? 

Message 8 of 25
ACE - Sage

Nope.  GameStop needs to refund your purchase.   ATT will NOT remove it, it cannot be used.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 9 of 25
ACE - Professor

@DWommack wrote:

Okay so my fiancé paid 500 dollars for an iPhone from GameStop, I received the phone today and took my SIM card out of my current phone and put it in the new one, after about 45 minutes my phone said the device was blocked. I went to GameStop who told me to go to att and they told me it was blacklisted. If I go into att with a receipt and the phone will to show I purchased it from a retailer will they be able to remove it from the blacklist? 

Only person who had iphone “blacklisted” on AT&T can have it removed. Unless GameStop can back track who traded in “ blacklisted” iphone for something, it still will be too much hassles. Best to get money back.

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Message 10 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support