The new iPhone 15
Tippyrollaxk's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 3rd, 2017 9:33 PM

How to remove a phone from the blacklist

Hey, I was wondering why can't I get my phone Un-Blocked I have purchased the phone through a third party. The phone has been unlocked from at&t and yes I should have ran an imei check but for the price i couldnt turn it down and as a college student i cant afford to just go buy a new phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Those are the rules of the blacklist, only the person reporting it lost or stolen can remove it. There would be no point to having a blacklist if anyone could remove it.

• 

5 Messages

Okay what if ur at&t Android gets blacklisted and ur the original owner and didn't report it lost or stolen just put airtime on a week ago but can't remember the four digit PIN so I have a phone that's I can't use and at&t won't help me because I can't remember the pin and can't reset it because my phone won't receive txt or calls so now what do I do besides throwing it in the trash and haveing to go buy a new one

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

7 years ago

Only the person who blacklisted phone can unblacklist it. Better if can return phone to "third party" and get your money back.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Im still confused as in to how its blocked by your service the carrier says that it is TFW.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Chances are, after you purchased the phone, the person that sold it to you, reported the phone lost or stolen, to defraud the insurance company. That is the only way for a phone to be blacklisted.

If the phone is locked, TFW is TracFone Wireless. It may need to be unlocked from TracFone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

That may be the case, I recently purchased the BYOP plan from straight talk none of my information works for TracFone nor Straight Talk i also even did an IMEI check on AT&t website said that it was invalid.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Did u ever find a solution for your problem? Im having the same issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Okay so my fiancé paid 500 dollars for an iPhone from GameStop, I received the phone today and took my SIM card out of my current phone and put it in the new one, after about 45 minutes my phone said the device was blocked. I went to GameStop who told me to go to att and they told me it was blacklisted. If I go into att with a receipt and the phone will to show I purchased it from a retailer will they be able to remove it from the blacklist? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Nope.  GameStop needs to refund your purchase.   ATT will NOT remove it, it cannot be used.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

7 years ago

@DWommack wrote:

Okay so my fiancé paid 500 dollars for an iPhone from GameStop, I received the phone today and took my SIM card out of my current phone and put it in the new one, after about 45 minutes my phone said the device was blocked. I went to GameStop who told me to go to att and they told me it was blacklisted. If I go into att with a receipt and the phone will to show I purchased it from a retailer will they be able to remove it from the blacklist? 

Only person who had iphone “blacklisted” on AT&T can have it removed. Unless GameStop can back track who traded in “ blacklisted” iphone for something, it still will be too much hassles. Best to get money back.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So I have an I phone that was lost but now I found it and they wont remove it off the blacklist. How do I get that done. I paid for the phone, they said they can tell its my phone but they wont remove it from the black list. They told me now I have a ipod..... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.