The new iPhone 15
Terriand's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 28th, 2018 10:30 PM

Beyond Frustrated that lack of loyalty from AT&T

We have been a customer of AT&T Mobile for over 20 years.  My daughter is going away to camp on Monday and her phone just stopped working.

Our payment- granted is 10 days late- was paid electronically through Chase bank on Friday and will not post until Monday.

After paying AT&T for 23 years, I was told that (they didn't trust us) wouldn't allow us to purchase an upgrade until they got their money.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes.  I have no idea why they kept transferring me to a "supervisor" to hear the same script.

YOU have AT&T's stores- they could make an exception.  However, as long as you get your money you could care less if the person has been with you for months versus decades.

I wasn't happy after holding 10 minutes for the first AT&T employees , I am beyond frustrated after waiting 45 minutes.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

You could have walked into att store and payed it off.  Being late means no upgrades it's been that way for years.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

I second that.  FYI you can buy a replacement phone at full price anytime and swap SIM card.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you Lizdance.  We are going to look today.  We want to pay off the other phones and look for another provider.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

You are telling me I should have paid the bill twice.  (I already paid electronically- they didn’t receive it.  In addition, “that’s the way it has always been”. Is not a good reason for someone who has been with them for 23 years.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

So you made an oopsy and ATT is the baddie ?   Interesting.   

If you think 15 years should have bought you good will enough to upgrade with an overdue bill, (despite it being a no-no for all carriers as long as we all remember)  I have to wonder how you figure this is the way to go.  Especially since paying late doesn’t seem to be lack of ability to pay.  🤷🏼‍♀️

Good luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.