Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Beyond Frustrated that lack of loyalty from AT&T

Tutor

Beyond Frustrated that lack of loyalty from AT&T

We have been a customer of AT&T Mobile for over 20 years.  My daughter is going away to camp on Monday and her phone just stopped working.

Our payment- granted is 10 days late- was paid electronically through Chase bank on Friday and will not post until Monday.

After paying AT&T for 23 years, I was told that (they didn't trust us) wouldn't allow us to purchase an upgrade until they got their money.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes.  I have no idea why they kept transferring me to a "supervisor" to hear the same script.

YOU have AT&T's stores- they could make an exception.  However, as long as you get your money you could care less if the person has been with you for months versus decades.

I wasn't happy after holding 10 minutes for the first AT&T employees , I am beyond frustrated after waiting 45 minutes.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎08-06-2018 12:29 PM

Re: Beyond Frustrated that lack of loyalty from AT&T

You could have walked into att store and payed it off.  Being late means no upgrades it's been that way for years.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage

I second that.  FYI you can buy a replacement phone at full price anytime and swap SIM card.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

Thank you Lizdance.  We are going to look today.  We want to pay off the other phones and look for another provider.

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

You are telling me I should have paid the bill twice.  (I already paid electronically- they didn’t receive it.  In addition, “that’s the way it has always been”. Is not a good reason for someone who has been with them for 23 years.  

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage

So you made an oopsy and ATT is the baddie ?   Interesting.   

If you think 15 years should have bought you good will enough to upgrade with an overdue bill, (despite it being a no-no for all carriers as long as we all remember)  I have to wonder how you figure this is the way to go.  Especially since paying late doesn’t seem to be lack of ability to pay.  🤷🏼‍♀️

Good luck.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support