The new iPhone 15
jones.sy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 6th, 2017 6:42 PM

Battery replacement for iPhone 6S?

My battery life for my phone is only lasting 3 hours and the phone is not even two years old yet. It has no known water damage nor has it been dropped and damaged. I am curious if battery replacement is covered by the AT&T Mobile Protection Pack ($10.99/mo)? And if not what steps should I go about getting the battery replaced ? 

Thanks 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Texasyankee99: Click on the link @Gary L posted. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

take it to a apple store and they can get you sorted.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Will I loose my contacts, notes, & downloads when Apple replaces my IPhone 6 battery?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Texasyankee99 wrote:

Will I loose my contacts, notes, & downloads when Apple replaces my IPhone 6 battery?

No. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Texasyankee99 wrote:

I always make sure I have a backup before going to the store to make sure that in case something goes wrong I've got a backup.  

I back up daily regardless.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

In fact, you will have to give whoever repairs your device full unlocked access. It would not be unreasonable to do a full Backup to PC or MAC, reset Phone to Factory default, have the battery replaced, and theǹ do a restore.

Batteries are consumable devices. Apple is providing a low cost replacement program I missed out on for my 6.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.