The new iPhone 15
wkpau79's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 4th, 2019 5:23 AM

BYOB phone from straight talk & refuses to unlock!

My daughter was on straight talk for 4 yrs. Actually both of my daughters were. We put our youngest on our att plan last year when her sister moved out. She kept up with it until recently. Her previous phone she had the whole 4 years broke. I bought her another one from straight talk & had it shipped to her a few months ago. She then had some issues. Came home, and couldn’t pay the bill so we added her to our account too. Got the sims card today & found out her iPhone is locked. I understand a contract device being locked but not one paid in full. That should be hers to do as she pleases. I never even knew of this. I would have never signed them up for straight talk. And I will not use them again. Anyone else have any suggestions or had any success?

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@wkpau79 If the phone is from Straight Talk, then you will have to get Straight Talk to unlock it if the phone has fulfilled the requirements for unlocking. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I believe Straight Talk requires 12 months of usage on Straight Talk to unlock.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

This issue has been resolved. Straight talk didn’t even have a lock on the phone. Chat representative was able to correctly get me activated is 5 mins. Maybe there’s some hope out there after all. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.